I don't think anything would solve this problem in an attempt to reduce the number of posts; because, like someone already said - no newbs will read the posts (above or in general) to figure that out. :o

the only place newbs can read it now is somewhere cryptic in the news messages (we added this feature or this to dm) {which is not - we are still not done}

the download site (This is the first release of MTA:SA which contains a race modification and a race map editor.) which is also somewhat cryptic and hidden

there seems to be a message inside the installer according to blokker_1999 (.. which imho can be improved a bit then - cuz still people join as 'player' and ask about dm/race)

or in the forums (where the regulars are not very eager any more to explain it over and over and over again)

so please stop blaming the noobs for not reading AT ALL and realise there is also a lot of improvement possible in the available texts

and this is still the same as

but you also know there is a huge twilight zone between huge red letters on the main page and ONE (somewhat cryptic) message on the download page

dont just blame the newbs... more ppl seem to read only halve of a message

I don't think this is a big enough issue to ruin the site with annoying red letters.

lol

and once more then

IM NOT ASKING FOR BIG HUGE RED LETTERS ON THE MAIN PAGE but i am asking for some improvement throughout the site

FYI, I have absolutely no problem with the way your system is set up, I'm only in fact suggesting new ways for everyone to cope with the overwhelming amount of spam, in accordance to this thread title. On a personal level, I'm not directing any defensive behavior to you or anyone else, only listing suggestions.

In relation to your statement Blokker, unfortunately if they read the manual, they'd still want to ask the question.

Theoretically, nothing really will stop people from asking for release dates, no matter how many bold banners, popups, etc. are put up, they will always ask; ridiculous as it may seem.

• MTA Team

with the manual i was more refering to the fact that people often ask question (often trough email or on IRC) that are answered in the official documentation. Be it our manual or the mta:ma readme files. People don't want to read a text. they simply want the answers to their questions without having to search for it. And that is wrong.

Edited by Guest
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I agree they could be nicer, BUT: there are a bunch of complete idiots out there without any grasp of spelling or grammar, that act like 10-12 years old.

I joined in 2004, so I can say I've been around longer than some of the moderators and beta-testers. But that doesn't get me a better rank than anyone.

I joined in 2004, so I can say I've been around longer than some of the moderators and beta-testers. But that doesn't get me a better rank than anyone.

It shouldn't get you a better rank, because it's irrelevant. What is relevant are your contributions to the forum.

• 1 month later...
The fact that it is race only is stated on the downloadpage. A lot of questions that are asked are also in the manual. So excuse me if people fail to read things they should.

Thanks to the new webcite, the people will see that its Race,

so now if they READ it, they hopefully wont be confused.

But now they will come on these forums posting

"Where can I download the deathmatch version"

which is good progress compared to "WHY CANT I GET OUT CAR AND SHOOTZ"

erm... i've been trying to find out one thing, and i can't find it anywhere... you can flame me, as long as i get answered...

how the hell do you type in messages?!

i'm a noob at this, i admit. but please help the noobish! Consider this... a charity event...