Chatter

soot

I would be very nice if the next checkpoints didn't look exactly the same as the next next one on the map. In many races you have no idea if you are going to the wrong checkpoint. Also it would be good if checkpoints were displayed on top (on the map) of the player markers. Sometimes you can't see the checkpoint just because there is alot of people in that area.
If the map is made correctly, then checkpoints are not a real issue... but perhaps having them numbered on the minimap would be a helpful option?
If the map is made correctly, then checkpoints are not a real issue...

True, but not much people think about that when they make their map.

They already know where the checkpoints are when they're testing their map.

Also it would be good if checkpoints were displayed on top (on the map) of the player markers. Sometimes you can't see the checkpoint just because there is alot of people in that area.

Yeah, this is very annoying :x

Edited by Guest

DerKeks, that "speed peddling" is quite normal. If you look at some of the videos from gtastunting.com, they use the "speed peddling" method.

Another suggestion is to make the console store more text and to save it as a txt file like MTA 0.5

Edited by Guest

Player getting stuck inside a ramp if cp - with change - is placed on top (wasnt in v1 , but is in v1.1)(happens a lot with vortex, baron and stuntplane i think)

-replicable

- mta-screen0539.jpg.xs.jpg

and related

Player getting stuck together on a ramp if - with change to large vehicle - cp is placed on top

-replicable

-mta-screen0935.jpg.xs.jpg

getting the gta map in screen

-i dunt know how i did it

- mta-screen0445.jpg.xs.jpg

server console - when numlock is turned of - shows 0.123456789 as RSOPQKMGHI

replicable - but not really interesting bug

servernumlock.JPG.xs.jpg

Console deleting all previous letters when recieving typed letter 'a'

- Undertermined. Rare

i think this has something to do with CTL / ALT key getting locked for some reason .. ive had it too more then a few times- but just hitting the keyboard with ctrl and alt combinations can escape you out of it too

Edited by Guest
DerKeks, that "speed peddling" is quite normal. If you look at some of the videos from gtastunting.com, they use the "speed peddling" method.

Another suggestion is to make the console store more text and to save it as a txt file like MTA 0.5

yep, good suggestion, on big servers, when i write "maps" on the console to check the map list, i cant see the whole list :(

And another suggestion, some kind of "control + z" for the map editor, its really frustrating when i delete the wrong object and cant get it back.

yep, good suggestion, on big servers, when i write "maps" on the console to check the map list, i cant see the whole list :(

but if you are on -example- my server .. and get a list of 4500 maps .. you wouldnt like it either :P

ps .. screen about the numlock thing

:MOVED:

Edited by Guest
This is a really interesting topic, looks like the MTA team has a big group of bug finders right here in this forum.

It certainly does help stamp out further occasions if they occur in other releases, helps the general public also to identify these common bugs.

okay i havent gone through them all, but i'll go through ones that were fixed before deathmatch development started:

Players ability to avoid the starting countdown.

- Undisclosed. Replicable.

Fixed in next race release.

Players ability to access Grand Theft Auto menus in-game.

- Undetermined. Thanks CoZ! Rare.

Fixed in deathmatch.

Console deleting all previous letters when recieving typed letter 'a'.

- Result of holding down alt + ctrl. Thanks CoZ! Replicable.

Fixed in deathmatch (i think)

Limited ammount of bullets on the sea sparrow.

- Possible not the case. Awaiting confirmation. Replicable.

i dont think this is correct. Are you sure this isnt the same issue as with the RC baron, where if 2 people shoot at the same time sound dissappears for on of them?

I like some of your suggestions, they certainly would be good though i cant guarantee they'll be in the next release at this stage since DM is far into development stages and few features are still being added.

Im not sure how the team are going to do it, but Deathmatch will almost definately include both race and deathmatch in the package. I'm however unsure whether fixes in race mod specifically will carry over to the r2.0 version of race. The rest of the bugs ive mentioned are core bugs and not race specific so they're fixed in dm.

Alsoe if you have such thing like Skype and when someone calling you your get minimaized but with mta is difrent way!game don't minimaize but you can't control your car and you can't get out from game.Thats realy anoying~!
press alt+tab a few times untill it works again.

Or if that fails do ctrl+alt+del, g, del, enter to close the game.

Alsoe if you have such thing like Skype and when someone calling you your get minimaized but with mta is difrent way!game don't minimaize but you can't control your car and you can't get out from game.Thats realy anoying~!
press alt+tab a few times untill it works again.

Or if that fails do ctrl+alt+del, g, del, enter to close the game.

But if this is littlewhitey server where server all the time is full?And you don't wana go away from game.Anyway i just tested alt+tab presing and it's work!

• 2 weeks later...

oh ..one i forgot to mention but its VERY annoying in a intense(hard) hydra race

if your in a plane with gear - and someone initiates a map vote

if you press 2 to cancel .. both the vote gets canceled and the landing gear goes down/up.

unfortunately very much replicable

• 3 weeks later...

new thingy found

console-timeout-bug.JPG

though its not really a mta bug .. its something to be aware of

if someone does .. rightmouse - edit - mark .. to copy something from server window - windows will HALT EVERYTHING of that program untill you actually marked something - therefore , server lags until players disconnect , script disconnects etc etc

you can easilly verify this by starting a normal ms dos promt

(start - run - cmd )

then go to the root

( cd \ )

list all files on the harddrive

( dir *.* /s )

and rightclick on the title to get the

( edit - mark )

--- ps .. soot .. where is the opening post gone too .. this was a good topic