Street lights

Mnightmare

hey hey..

I was wondering, are the streetlights synced?... cuz I remember in the first MTA (haven't played mta since then), streetlights weren't synced.. we tried to have a lill' drag race, and we were supposed to go on green.. looool.. u could only imagine the outcome..

oh well.. it's no big deal anyway.. just thought I'd mention it..

peace

somehow i get the point

ppl wanna be able to do a dragrace on trafficlights

if its possible i think it'll be a nice big bit of extra bandwith - so i guess the idea is nice , but if its possible the cost/effort/reward ratio is unfavorable

if its possible i think it'll be a nice big bit of extra bandwith

I was thinking a way to save bandwidth would be to have ALL the lights in SA diplay the same colors at once, so they will all go RED YELLOW GREEN RED YELLOW GREEN, because who cares if all the lights at an intersection are green (in real life that would suck)

So a guy far away would see green lights in his part of town, and another guy far away would see the same color in his part of town

if its possible i think it'll be a nice big bit of extra bandwith

I was thinking a way to save bandwidth would be to have ALL the lights in SA diplay the same colors at once, so they will all go RED YELLOW GREEN RED YELLOW GREEN, because who cares if all the lights at an intersection are green (in real life that would suck)

So a guy far away would see green lights in his part of town, and another guy far away would see the same color in his part of town

true .. but that will mean its not a big bit of extra bandwith but still a bit of extra bandwith - and for what .. sure its nice if everything could be synced but still

i know (if synced) its nice so some ppl could use traffic lights as a countdown - but how often would it be used opposed to the amount of extra work / bandwith

its good to sync a lot but it should stay practical imho (id rather have a synced firetruck that can actually extinguish a car and give it +5 hp orsome)

anyway ..im not a dev , so maybe they have a good answer

-if its been thought about

-if its possible, either by syncing every trafficlight on server time - or sync lights for players around or somethig

-if it might be in dm (.. but i can already tel that answer - wait and see)

ps

elseif ($3 == !countdown) || (!count isin $3) {
   if (!%command [ $+ [ $3 ] ]) { 
     set %command [ $+ [ $3 ] ] 1
     !timer $+ $3 1 6 unset %command [ $+ [ $3 ] ] 

!.timer 1 1 mta.text $1 5
     !.timer 1 1 mta.text $1 4
     !.timer 1 1 mta.text $1 3
     !.timer 1 1 mta.text $1 2
     !.timer 1 1 mta.text $1 1
     !.timer 1 1 mta.text $1 GO GO GO !!!!
   }
 }

Theres other methods besides using street lights... why not just implement a countdown and freeze the cars or something of that nature? Syncing shouldnt be done unless its reasonably necessary. That will cause more bandwidth usage.

Not a bad idea. Maybe a countdown script that can freeze the car's postition until it says go (like in Race mod) racers would have to say "!join countdown" first or otherwise everyone on the whole map would freeze

yeah, I agree that if it's too demanding then forget it.. but it would be cool to have them synced if it's not too time-and-bandwith demanding..like if it's just a simple thing... but if it's a complicated process then I'd rather have them sync something a bit more usefull..hehe

peace

• 1 month later...

I dont see the suggestion as a negative point but not many people would notice them being featured, apart from the races as mentioned before. The dimension of RPG would expand however due to that players might have to drive at a certain speed or any other specific adjustments to improve this style of gameplay and realism.