Beta testing?

[TBB]Dr.Damnit

Question

Hey guys, whatsup. i have readen the page developers bloq. and now i thougt this was on the page: So dont cry because your not chosen.

Does this mean the team asks for more beta testers or not?

If so i would like to be chosen.

Dont respond like u wont be chosen or stop asking and shit.

Just answer my question, i hope to be chosen btw. :) Cant wait for the full version tough.

22 answers to this question

The team has very few features left to implement before going into beta, although some of these will take longer than others. It's impossible to give a timeframe, but rest assured that we are close.

The beta will be an invitation-only affair, with invitees chosen at the discretion of the MTA and QA teams. Please do not ask to be included, and do not be offended if you are not chosen.

The bugs found in the beta will be fixed by the team. When they feel happy with the quality of the mod, they will release a Release Candidate to the QA team. We will then test this and if it has no noticeable bugs, it will be released publicly. If not, the team will fix the bugs and release another RC and the process will begin again.

Read Custom license plates and player stats

The developers people for the beta team themselves, you can't ask to join. They normally pick regulars from the IRC channel and/or people who contribute a significant amount to the community.

Edited by Guest
The team has very few features left to implement before going into beta, although some of these will take longer than others. It's impossible to give a timeframe, but rest assured that we are close.

The beta will be an invitation-only affair, with invitees chosen at the discretion of the MTA and QA teams. Please do not ask to be included, and do not be offended if you are not chosen.

The bugs found in the beta will be fixed by the team. When they feel happy with the quality of the mod, they will release a Release Candidate to the QA team. We will then test this and if it has no noticeable bugs, it will be released publicly. If not, the team will fix the bugs and release another RC and the process will begin again.

Read Custom license plates and player stats

I accept there will release a beta when they finished player stats and license plates?

What this is saying is that if they wanted you

they would come to you, you would not ask them.

And then it says that if they dont come to you for help, do not be offended,

becuase

Example,

you might be a great coder/tester, but they already have enough people

Anyways, i would not want to be asked, becuase i do not have the time

and being a beta tester means you are going to find bugs,

and their addresses, report back to the MTA team,

and tell them exactly what you where doing when it occurred.

Im not gona do that, ill just leave it to the pros.

What this is saying is that if they wanted you

they would come to you, you would not ask them.

And then it says that if they dont come to you for help, do not be offended,

becuase

Example,

you might be a great coder/tester, but they already have enough people

Anyways, i would not want to be asked, becuase i do not have the time

and being a beta tester means you are going to find bugs,

and their addresses, report back to the MTA team,

and tell them exactly what you where doing when it occurred.

Im not gona do that, ill just leave it to the pros.

finding bugs is not a hard thing. Ive found many bugs in sa-mp in a full version... So i could do that for the team for mta sa. Would like to try it tough. Maybe some day ill be in the team :)

Why do you keep entering carriage returns manually? Do you not realise the forum does it automatically for you to wrap your text around the page without spoiling the layout. It's annoying to read it the way you type.

Why do you keep entering carriage returns manually? Do you not realise the forum does it automatically for you to wrap your text around the page without spoiling the layout. It's annoying to read it the way you type.

Im used to typing on a old 1980's computer that doesn't know how to do it for you, thanks for the tip though, i'll try to start typing more like this.

finding bugs is not a hard thing. Ive found many bugs in sa-mp in a full version... So i could do that for the team for mta sa. Would like to try it tough. Maybe some day ill be in the team :)

Well posting on a forum asking to be on the team like countless others before you wont get you on team

They normally pick regulars from the IRC channel and/or people who contribute a significant amount to the community

BTW, dont think going onto irc for a week will get you on the team either

• MTA Team

At the moment, we're not looking for more betatesters - notice that we're not even at the beta stage now.

When we will progress to it, we'll decide how to organise tests.

Hope that answers your question, Dr. Damnit.