MTASA on Windows Vista!

Guest ATeam

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just tried MTA:DM on Vista (Business N) and it appears to work fine. I haven't tried race, but I don't see why that wouldn't work.

They are different applications... why would you even post about compatibility with a different modification?

He's a dev, I think he knows their similarities and differences very well.

I've just tried MTA:DM on Vista (Business N) and it appears to work fine. I haven't tried race, but I don't see why that wouldn't work.

They are different applications... why would you even post about compatibility with a different modification?

He's a dev, I think he knows their similarities and differences very well.

You're right! I jumped to a conclusion there and thought he/she was referring to the OTHER DM modification that's out.

Well this is good news - because at least I'll be able to play the new DM version when it comes out! :D

I think the reason race doesn't work is our anti-cheat/hack code, so my test was probably unfair as our internal builds do not have it enabled (we like to cheat!).

I'll have to look at getting that to work on vista. That said, one way or another we can get MTA to work, we may have to resort to releasing a version with less anti-cheat though.

No, I don't have it installed - it'll conflict with DM. I'm 99% sure the issue is the anti-cheat, I know that it is incompatible with Vista, I'm pretty sure that its fixable too though. Vista support isn't our priority right now though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Happy New Year 2007!

I realize this is a couple weeks late of thread revival. However, I'd like to add...

It's quite normal for software vendors to release software systems (ie. drivers, etc.) after OS release dates. An example of this situation includes Creative. I was looking up drivers for the Audigy2 ZS to reassure compatibility when I buy Vista Ultimate Edition. According to this vendor, they won't be releasing drivers until the release of Vista (end of January).

As discussed previously, Windows XP is the mainstream OS that most consumers will be using as of the release of Vista and it's expected XP has priority over Vista for compatibility. Personally, I'd prefer to buy Vista ahead of time (performance and efficiency-wise) and wait for the release of Vista-compatible MTA:SA.

Have a great 2007!

• 2 months later...

Vista needs to be supported and made priority. nearly 12% of all windows users will have Vista soon. that means that possibly 12% of MTA players who have upgraded to Vista these past 2 months are left with fuctionless MTA Clients.

I'll be doing an upgrade on my desktop soon, and I'm not going to keep another partition for XP. If MTA Race or DM isn't supported by then, I'm going to have to let go of playing the Mod at all.

Like the above posts suggest, MTA:DM should work on Vista.

as eAi says, it should work at the point of release but with no team members and no qa members (as far as i know) using vista then this most likely wont be looked at till closer to release

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running Vista now, and have no intensions of dual booting. I do however still have my old machine which runs XP and has always been my main gaming rig until recently upgrading.

So yeah, I'm not going to put in a huge rant about why compatibilty for Vista is a major issue (though, honestly a lot of 'elite users' will. I don't consider myself part of that group :P) but it would be good when you consider that the rate that people have been and will adopt Vista given that every 'authority' under the sun raves about it and its new features. Not everyone is in the position to dual boot, or even knows how to.

That said, if the devs decide that taking a look at Vista compatibilty in regards to MTA, I'm happy to offer any help with testing any what not. I miss my MTA and don't want to resort to old computer sluggishness :P

That is all!

• 2 weeks later...