Flood protection

Guest Wolf68k

I've looked at a topic that listed a script add on that will ignore commands from a person for so many seconds.

But is there a way to get the bot to ignore anything they say. While the commands can kill the bot so can just normal text, atleast I would think.

Right now from time to time someone comes on to our server and floods with the !popular command. But if I'm right they could also kill the bot by just saying "damn" a bunch of time because the bot still has to display it to IRC as well.

I'm guessing mIRC's built-in flood protection wouldn't work.

Someone cmes on the server and floods the chat with...

Jerk: damn

That is what I want some kind of protection against.

We have a mute bot that works when someone does a manual flood, usually during the voting they do their real vote then they think that if the type:

Votedork: 1

Like that it'll get people to vote for their map.

The problem is that the mute bot can't mute them fast enough if they do a script spam like the first one.

I figured if there was a way to have the bot completely ignore "jerk", or maybe every one for a few seconds that at least the bot will stay alive even if the rest of server still has to suffer for a bit longer.

MTA's own chat needs a quick patch to protect against floods like that, then the bots wouldn't be in need of their own protection.

Its not possible to ignore them with mIRC / MTA:mA, you need to kcik them for these things (or send a warning)

ive once seen someone flooding so much that ingame admins (there were 2 or 3 ingame) couldnt kick them with script

maybe thats what hes talking about

You can always use timers to detect floods and kick automatically. You dont even need admins for that

something like

on *:signal:mta.command {
   if (!%command [ $+ [ $3 ] ]) { 
     set %command [ $+ [ $3 ] ] 1
     !timer $+ $3 1 2 unset %command [ $+ [ $3 ] ] 

if (!blaat == $3) {}
elseif (!moreblaat == $3) {}

else {
     mta.pm $1 $2 sorry its ok to $3 but not to spam this command - 10 sec mute
     mta.mute $1 $2
     !.timer 1 10 mta.unmute $1 $2|
   }
}

ye ..tried that .. but it broke some other commands (which worked with timers too) - and after 30 minutes mirc responded so slow of all the timers it started for every piece of input ,i tried but gave up and removed it again

--- but that could just as well be my lack of mirc scripting skills :D - im still very much a noob at it :D

it does work well on specific commands people tend to (ab)use a lot

i havent seen a foolproof antiflood script - but then again i havent tried for months atm