Global Statistics

Jani

They were quite popular and there were several demands for another script to come back so why not and i did personally enjoy the old statistics, they just became quite addictive and challenging to move higher up the ranks by progressing with kills.

The known russian players around the community seem to of had a big hit with this script more then most other people, that specific server was basically full everytime. Trying to avoid their countless amount of glitches was also a task, ha. (Quite hard to find any admin active on that server anyhow)

MTA:mA GRS:Global stats was stopped because of abuse and a database crash which couldnt be fixed. We (old GRS devs, not the MTA team) are looking into GRS possiblitites for Race atm, for deathmatch actually i dont know if we even can build it due to the problem of logging too much. But as i dont have DM details, i really dont know.. Well see

Edited by Guest
that would be cool if there were ranks too

There were ranks within the old script and also it displayed the highest players with there order of standings, these aswell could be shown on the website and on servers which had the script running.

that would be cool if there were ranks too

There were ranks within the old script and also it displayed the highest players with there order of standings, these aswell could be shown on the website and on servers which had the script running.

Working on it ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Im not shocked to see the old stats returning and it should be a big hit as the previous statistics were in the past.

Release Date (23/09/2006 @ 23:12) by SmartiE

Quite a suprise to see you back on the mta scene, good going mate.

Hopefully this will run on something other than Java though, I remember Oli's gstats page would take AGES to load and created a huge load on the server it was hosted on too :?

Our server is coded in c++ and doesn't take much cpu (thnx to Tommis who hosts it)

And the site is located on a completely diff hosting, it's a little bit crap but no major problems with it and pages do open fast enough

Our server is coded in c++ and doesn't take much cpu (thnx to Tommis who hosts it)

And the site is located on a completely diff hosting, it's a little bit crap but no major problems with it and pages do open fast enough

How well does it work with huge tables? Have you taken in account the fact large numbers of stats are reported, so you'll end up with tables with millions of rows?

well, there are few tables, one that stores account info, like user/pass, one for death/kills, and 3 more for vehicles/skins/weapons used, we have over 300 registered users by now and i can't say there are problems with it :roll: however if it's gonna be hard for the server handle all those tables, i can always set up a second server somewhere, so ill split users on two servers and they wont be loaded that hard