[Tool] MassObjectAdder

Ywa

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... The rotation is not that hard. But how to calculate the new X,Y,Z from the every object. Since you need to calculate with the rotation. Maybe Sin and Cos etc. ?

I thought about this but haven't figured it out yet (need to know the rotation's range first), if I have a boring class at school I'll look into it.. :P

@ sodisna: yes you are right, I'm not an experienced programmer so I can't make tools that look nice, maybe they were a bit confusing for you.. I used my limited knowledge to do the best I could to make other's work easier..

I've just noticed your program Ywa, it's really nice and it's a piece of cake to use it.. ;) respect!

Well... The rotation is not that hard. But how to calculate the new X,Y,Z from the every object. Since you need to calculate with the rotation. Maybe Sin and Cos etc. ?

Hey.. I thought I'd pop into this thread..

I've been experimenting with something like that.. I wanted to make something that looks like an actual racetrack with curbs and all on the SF airport.. I'd take the cylindrical barrier found in the fences and barriers section, flip it over 90 degrees on it's side and bury it halfway in the ground. Then add a lot more with increased rotation sideways to make long curbs, like so..

mtascreen001ub1.th.jpg

There are however so problems, so I will probably never complete the map.. The car bounces alot if you actually try and put your wheels on those curbs, and I suspect the object limit might kick in, as only one side of the road in one bend easily can consist of some 40-50 objects.

But that's not what you were trying to make, so here's the little javascript i used to make those :) Edit it/use it in any way you like.

Are these equations about the same that you discovered Ywa? You said you know how to do it now. Nice program btw!

Note that this only produces bends on ground level. But loops are possible with only minimal modifications (make it change the y-axis rotation in every loop instead, and add some height instead of x-axis distance.. or something like that :) ).

I used only this object that had it's pivot point at the bottom, but if you use, say, a piece of road that has it's pivot point in the middle, then you may have to do some more work to make them join nicely..

Anyway, making loops/bends with some sort of object multiplier is actually easy as you can see! :)

- Bump -

New version available. It's a beta version. If you have any ideas, suggestions or you found any bug? Contact me

Edit

BETA 2 is released. I fixed a couple bugs and added some new handy things. Please report bugs :) .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...