How did he do that?

Guest TheNameless1

I was playing on a VC Deathmatch sever yesterday when a player (who I won't name) honked his horn for me to get into a fire engine and then the damn thing started to fly.

Now I know you could say it was a glich or desync but this guy new he was flying a fire engine and flew to a Hotel by the beach in an attempt to land on the roof. This was way too high for a normal helicopter to reach. There were people and some cars on the roof but I only go to see it for a few seconds before the fire engine dropped to ground level and got stuck.

How did this player make the fire engine fly because I want to know what was on that roof. I say agian, this wasn't a desync issue because he knew the fire engine would fly.

Also when I turn on the police siren all I hear is the horn, all other players hear the sirens. Same goes for ice cream van music.

But cheats don't work in multi-player VC, well the cheat codes don't work anyway. I can't see any other way of making one vehicle fly.

I'm running a private LAN server for two people and I want to fly a fire engine onto that Hotel roof, so is anyone going to tell me how?

It's my server and I can do what I like with it.

• MTA Team
I'm running a private LAN server for two people and I want to fly a fire engine onto that Hotel roof, so is anyone going to tell me how?

It's my server and I can do what I like with it.

While it is your server, it is our software. We do not allow cheats or hacks. while you can use them in a private server at first, their will be nothing stopping you from using it on a public server later.

In order to do what you want, you have to hack our files, that in turn is a violation of the EULA which you agreed with when you installed our software. Breaking the EULA means that you no longer have the right to use our software.

Then why put all the game characters up there on the hotel roof? Of course people are going to want to cheat to see what's up there. Don't you think it's a bit hypocritical of you to say cheating or hacks is not allowed when you go and place what is obviously an easter egg in an inaccessible area of the map?

I would never dream of cheating on somebody else's server, jeez that's just wrong. In any case, servers can block cheats can't they? at least I thought they could.

Yes I understand hacking any files to do with MTA is a violation of the EULA, so is hacking Rockstars original VC files. Entering cheat codes in a single player game isn't, it'll muck up your chances of getting 100% but there's no violation of the EULA. In MTA it doesn't matter because you've disabled the in-game cheat codes anyway.

Sorry to go on about this. I just assumed someone had entered a cheat code to make the fire engine fly when clearly it was hack not a cheat. The players name was Cobalt so watch out for him, he's the one breaking your EULA.

Then why put all the game characters up there on the hotel roof? Of course people are going to want to cheat to see what's up there. Don't you think it's a bit hypocritical of you to say cheating or hacks is not allowed when you go and place what is obviously an easter egg in an inaccessible area of the map?

It's for the character selection screen. When you die, the camera positions itself on the roof. It's not an easter egg.

I would never dream of cheating on somebody else's server, jeez that's just wrong. In any case, servers can block cheats can't they? at least I thought they could.

Some cheats have overcome the cheat protection, as MTA 0.5 has been out for a long time.

Yes I understand hacking any files to do with MTA is a violation of the EULA, so is hacking Rockstars original VC files. Entering cheat codes in a single player game isn't, it'll muck up your chances of getting 100% but there's no violation of the EULA. In MTA it doesn't matter because you've disabled the in-game cheat codes anyway.

MTA doesn't hack any files. It backs up the old main.scm then copies a brand new one in its place. This is used to run MTA. It does not modify any files. The rest of the mod works by modifying memory on your computer, not files on your hard drive.

In order to do what you want, you have to hack our files

You can accomplish quite a lot without having to touch any files, I think MTA itself is a great example.

It's for the character selection screen. When you die, the camera positions itself on the roof. It's not an easter egg.

The camera doesn't go there, I think they just go there as it's a safe place and out of the way of players.

It might seem like an easter egg because the markers are left there, it's possible they didn't know how to remove and re-add them, maybe they didn't have that much power over the game at that point :P

• 2 months later...