Helicopter Magnet mod - need help installing it

Guest Clarkey Boy

Hi,

I have just downloaded a helicopter magnet mod - it has a file called main.scm in the zip file. Whereabouts do I put this file? I made a backup of the only main.scm file that I could find and then placed the new main.scm file in its place - but GTA SA would not run after that so I had to put it back to normal. Can anyone help me with this? The site I got it from is http:// http://www.gamershell.com/download_9767.shtml (delete the space).

The download is on that page.

Clarkey Boy

Yeah... I quit to windows and then reloaded the game and loading a saved game. As helicopters are not available in the game for quite a while, would it be possible for someone else to test it out?

Clarkey Boy

with almost all gta games when you modify the main.scm you cant load an older save game. some mod designers have taken to including a save game file with their mod because of this.

if you know someone with the same mod you could get a savefile off them, or you could just dive in and play from the beginning

So do mods have any effect on MTA? I mean by modifying the GTA main.scm, surely its also editing the MTA main.scm as they both use the same one, don't they?

Clarkey Boy

ok, thanks Talidan.

I have now installed that all in one mod - it works fine and I have combined it with a huge trainer to make a "super me". I am now invulnerable, with invulnerable cars, unlimited ammo, the option of how many police I have after me and I can spawn ANY vehicle I want in any garage I want.

Clarkey Boy

as MTA doesnt require any .scm's at all.

It should be noted that MTAVC and GTA3MTA both require scm, in those cases it is often best to use a seperate copy of the game for such modifications.

I used to have a second copy of GTA3 and VC

on my desktop for modding, and creating mods,

so that i could still play MTA on the original Program Files,

without having to put in the backups each time i wanted to play

• 3 weeks later...

I have just reformatted my computer ready for uni, installed GTA SA and the mod again and now, whenever I go up to the door in CJs house, rather than giving the mod options, it gives things like "Kill -1 pedestrians in -1 minutes" or "Destroy -1 Bikes in -1 Minutes". Any ideas on what happened here?

Edit: I missed out the American.gxt file - all fine now.

Clarkey