Skills/Attributes

sorry if this question was already asked, i couldnt find anything on it...

im sure everybody knows in San Andreas you can gain skill levels with all types of guns which makes you shoot better etc...etc...

-so i was wondering if you start up with full skill or none or maybe the server chooses the sill level for you becuase there is a dramatic difference between 100% and 0%

i think it would probably to always have it at 100% so cheaters dont have anythink to cheat if everybody has full skill.

I'm pretty sure that won't matter. From what I've seen, the lock on feature won't be in DM, and weapon skill only applies to lock on. I may be wrong though.

I remember that there was discussion about that amongst the QA team. Some people wanted maximum stats, whilst others wanted mid-range stats in order to balance the game more and give more of a challenge.

In the end, they discarded both ideas and went for something else. [/mystery]

I think it would be best if by default they would be full, or whatever most people prefer, but when writing the script you can change them.

Even better if you could add and save someone's current skill for next time they login (registration on servers is inevitable, the SDK uses C++, when SAMP's gamemode coding is done from PAWN, which is a dubbed down version of C++, most SAMP servers have registration so I can only assume it'll be a big thing in MTA:DM)

i think if it is like you gain skill,

once you get to the top you should be able to choose your skill level

i mean:

in GTA SA i got to the highest lvl so i had dual sawdoff shotys and dual pistols

and maybe some ppl would like to have 1 instead

so that would be cool to choose

i think if it is like you gain skill,

once you get to the top you should be able to choose your skill level

i mean:

in GTA SA i got to the highest lvl so i had dual sawdoff shotys and dual pistols

and maybe some ppl would like to have 1 instead

so that would be cool to choose

Just the fact that you have full skills in everything makes dual weapons overpowered. You can already run full freakin' speed with em, now let's give you two!

I remember that there was discussion about that amongst the QA team. Some people wanted maximum stats, whilst others wanted mid-range stats in order to balance the game more and give more of a challenge.

In the end, they discarded both ideas and went for something else. [/mystery]

I think they let you choose weapon skill in config file.

no then you have to work at it and it will make you want to play more

and you have something to look forward to like leveling up

that makes it more fun

That would make it more world of warcraft like, where you have to work your way up. I dont like someone starts at low level and keeps getting beaten cause of his characters crappy skill. Everyone should be equal in skill all the time. And dont make it full, it does make dual weapons overpowering, and rifles bad for value.