loooooooooooooooooooooooser

Actually, several features were recently pushed back to later releases. This is due to the fact that due to various real-life issues, our active coding team had been very small for a month or so. At one point, only one person was actively programming. Luckily they're all back now, and the mod is back on track.

The features that were pushed back were of the "cool and fun but not 100% essential" variety. The features remaining to be implemented are essential ones. We don't want to have to make too many core changes to the .map file structure later on, as it will render previous maps incompatible, so the team must get it right the first time.

I doubt it will be released this month, but hopefully you will not have to wait too long for a release.

well said, i know what he is saying,

with the updates from even MONTHS ago, the game looks perfect but still not out

right now i dont have many fun games, i play some BF2, Counterstrike Source but im getting bored of those, so sometimes ill play some MTA 0.5 and i just cant wait for the San Andreas Deathmatch version

MTA:DM is not delayed and is has had no delays - we've never announced a release date so it can't be delayed.

As has been mentioned, we recently removed a number of features from our roadmap for our 1.0 release in order to speed things up. We want this out as much as everyone else, and we're continually balancing features with the time they take to implement. In the end, we consider that a basic free-for-all game, like some other mods is not really that fun to play, hence we need these features.

As with any spare-time project, Real Life gets in the way. This has been an issue for some of the team this summer, which is resolving itself now.

Anyway, we always welcome people's input, just remember we want this out as much as you do.

This is my first post here although I have been a fan/follower/obsessor of MTA since the original GTA3 release of it!

I just wanted to drop in and say that this post does express the concerns many of us have. We see such an awesome peice of software just outside of our reach and theres nothing we can do about it. Personaly Id like to see an "Open Beta" of sorts to let us all have a chance to test and explore your mod. Games like World of Warcraft have benifited hugely from betas such as this because there is ALWAYS some bug hiding away that wont surface till the software is released to a large audience. I understand that you dont want to release a poorly finished product but from what I have read and seen on this website MTA is LIGHTYEARS ahead of SA:MP. SA:MP is a poor excuse for what multiplayer on GTA could be, however I find it very hard to stop playing it. Even with all the crashes and everything else SA:MP is a total blast to play.

I host LAN nights at my house every week for around 2-8 of my friends. If we could get our hands on an "Open Beta" copy of MTA I am sure we could find things you all have never come across as could many other fans out there if they were given a chance to playtest your mod.

With all that being said... I do understand how difficult it is to do something in your free time, especialy something as time consuming as coding software. We all LOVE YOU GUYS!! Keep up the good work but consider letting your loyal and faithful community have a larger role in the production of MTA!

Thanks again,

Alex

**FREE THE CODE!!**

Just F'ing release it already... honestly... I'm just gonna give up on you guys soon, it doesn't seem like it's anywhere CLOSE to being done with what you guys are saying. I was hoping to play it before summer was over but I guess that won't be happening. MTA is putting too much time into features, when we would be happy to have it released relitavely bug free, then have later updates with new game features... in my opinion the hype is decreasing because people are growing tired of waiting so friggen long for anything new.

Just F'ing release it already... honestly... I'm just gonna give up on you guys soon, it doesn't seem like it's anywhere CLOSE to being done with what you guys are saying. I was hoping to play it before summer was over but I guess that won't be happening. MTA is putting too much time into features, when we would be happy to have it released relitavely bug free, then have later updates with new game features... in my opinion the hype is decreasing because people are growing tired of waiting so friggen long for anything new.

You try and code a online multiplayer then

i remember one of the admins or moderators or whatevers said,

GTA cant get old becuase MTA DM is soooo much differnet than the regular version, and for all you impatient punks just think about it.

Its like a whole new game and its not going to die off even if it came out next year.

And it won't come to the PC for a long time.

You don't know that.

I honestly still remember in 2005 when someone made a post "MTA DM DELAYED UNTIL APRIL 2006." We were all like "Wtf? No way, it'll be out by then."

Look at us now.

*sigh*

I also suppose this isn't as bad as the Savage 2 delay. I hope that doesn't turn into the next MTA DM, because I actually payed for that one.