MTA San Andreas DM map sizes

I dont know if this question can be answered yet since DM is still being worked on...

But is it possible to have the maps in DM smaller like just Los Santos or whatever instead of ALL San Andreas.

-Ive played a little MTA 0.5 on Vice City and there are no boundaries but then again it is about a third of the size of San Andreas.

-I guess there can be physical boundaries from custom maps like massive fences etc...

What do you think. Are boundaries a good idea or not?

There is a big difference between MUST and CAN.

If the game needs to have 64 player slots, you need a lot of bandwith to send all the information. Even when minimised using a very good netcode, just need to send a lot of location information and other data. This problem should be taken into account as well. The team will find the best number of players in which MTA can be played with the most fun for as man players as possible. Just wait and see if it will be 2 or 200 players.. or something in between... or maybe more.. Who will know...

i agree

its going to be hard to have something over lets say 100...

If there was something like 50 people in the server, the map would have to be relatively small maybe half the size of los santos.

I was wondering if there can be boundaries like in the Battlefield 1942 or BF2 series where you get a short time limit to live if you enter the outside territory so you dont need physical boundaries. I guess that would have to be something in the map editor.

That is allready possible with MTA:mA scripting in the current versions (except the killing if violated, warnings are possible)

sweet,

that would definetly be cool if there was a time limit if you go out of boundaries and you die if you dont get back in time

That is allready possible with MTA:mA scripting in the current versions (except the killing if violated, warnings are possible)

bit off topic

but .. in mta san andreas mirc scripting ? being able to get player position information.. oh ?

you sure ? ;)

sweet,

that would definetly be cool if there was a time limit if you go out of boundaries and you die if you dont get back in time

or like the sp SA, that u will be atked by the army when you go to a place you may not go :P

Edited by Guest

bit off topic

but .. in mta san andreas mirc scripting ? being able to get player position information.. oh ?

you sure ? ;)

Well, i was talking with my expierence of MTA:VC MTA:mA scripting. I havent really looked into the SA version, so im not sure. I guess it is not if you say so ;)