Slow internet

Guest rcwolf

Playing MTA:SA Race Mod i have disconnects each 5 minutes. I Have huge ping. So i can't play more then 5 minutes. And i cant call it "playing". My 56K modem stops recieving information but continues to send it. Then i get disconnect. It is awful! I'll suicide if there will be thesame in DM!

In MTA 0.3, 0.4, 0.5 i had ping 130-250. But in MTA:SA i have 800 (15 players on the server) and disconnects. Please dont write that i have to buy fast connection. There are some reasons so i can't do it now.

I am very afraid that thesame will be in DM, because of BLUE platform.

Is it true? Maybe MTA Team will release a "lite" version of DM for slow connection (Bad animations, but low ping).

I am sorry. My english is awful, i konw :(

Newer online games are designed for high-speed Internet connections. Since Broadband has been widely available since the late 1990's, many game developers have made bandwidth usage higher (not by much though) to increase playability, because making the game have awesome graphics but crappy network synchronisation would be boring.

If you don't want to upgrade your Internet, the only feisable option would be to not try playing newer games. The vast majority of new online games are not designed with 56K in mind.

heh. I live not in USA and not in Britain. i live in Ukraine where cable,ADSL,Edge are too expansive.

If you can't allow yourself a good internet it's your problem, isn't it? MTA Team can't be bothered to make a whole new client/server only because you cannot play with your 56k modem..

If broadband isn't affordable in his country that's obviously not his fault, but I'm sure the MTA team won't rewrite the netcode just to be more friendly to the 5% of players who use dialup, and spoil the game for the players who have high-speed connections.

Some people can't get broadband because it isn't available where they live or there's only one provider in their area that's a monopoly and charges ridiculous prices, as everyone here failed to mention. Broadband is not so readily available as you'd think.

If you can get it, however, I would recommend that you do so, and then you won't have to deal with the lag.

MTA: SA's race mod only appears to be laggy because of the proximity of the players. Your solution is simply playing in servers with less people, preferably around 10.

The deathmatch mod (and even the race mod, really) is much better with freeroam maps designed in mind, as the players are all spread out.

MTA: DM has improved significantly and will be much more playable with bad connections. (Yeah, zircon would know). Things are generally much smoother.

Another thing is that usually an Austrailian on a broadband connection on a UK server will probably get the same pings as a 56ker from UK in the same server. In this sense, the MTA team have almost certainly kept high pingers in mind. I do reccomend that you upgrade to broadband, but DM will be a lot more playable

we have 256k connection (however i can barely make 56kb/sec downloadspeed >.>

and our isp wont quit our connection till april (they said 2 weeks the ****** guys) maybe some1 from holland knows it: scarlet NEVER take it!

after that we get connection with 2mb/sec down/upload speed =D much better ;)