I cant start a server or anything!

Guest Pontus

Since there is hundreds of threads here I cant find the answer som I´m writing a new tread:

How do you start a server in a LAN? And how do you connect to from the other computer in the LAN? I dont know if I have done right but first at start a server (I think) and then goes in to Multi theft auto and then the camera is just flying around in the air ant there is some people on a roof.

Then when I tryes to connect from the other computer I choose Connect to server and then I start the game by choosing Multi theft auto in the game menu. The same thing happends here, the camre is just flying around in the air and nothing happends.

On the computer that started the server it says "another player tried to connect with the same ip".

Thats it, nothing more happends!

What should I do?? :shock::cry:

For the first, the subject was completly wrong. Why should I read a thread abot what I think about MTA when I have problem to even start it?

And for the second, I have read it, though I didn´t think it was the roght information for me. I do not live in a English-speaking contry so I´m not a expert on this language :x

the faq covers how to do this...

use the server configure utility to tell it not to register with ASE....

run GTA3 on the machines that want to play starta new game... alt tab, start MTA and put the IP address of the machine running the dedicated server into the IP address text box... click connect

thats it... for the most part

Kent