Release it now?

Guest ravi

Question

I can see that the team is putting in a lot of effort and i understand the difficulties in real life that you probably have. MTA:SA DM is amazing at the moment, why wait until it is "fantastic" to release it.

I don't understand the problem with releasing it now...

pls post

13 answers to this question

• Moderators

The MTA team and the QA team are doing their best to get DM out as soon as possible, as you will probably understand we don't want to release something that is half the final quality of the mod itself. No release dates are given because we don't know how will the developing/testing process go.

Edited by Guest
  • Moderators
Do u think that race mod was released too early?

In my opinion it wasn't released too early, it was released when the mta team thought it was ready for a release. As i said in my previous post, both mta and qa team work along to release a quality mod, so nothing is released too early or too late.

Do u think that race mod was released too early?

Nothing can really be judged upon about the release because either way the community have been waiting for many months to see any new release be confirmed, it was still a long wait for that day to come. Even if the mod is basically more liked for the stunting and racing players, rather then those who would rather fire bullets at other people, the mod still supplied a good source of energy to the community and also showed what can be developed on the blue technology. RM is still supplying the community with a decent modification, most servers i see are still active and new faces are popping up throughout the servers each day, which is still a good sign.

How do you know that? You have no idea how many bugs there are and how severe they are.

Exactly my point, it wouldn't matter if there were so many bugs. Infact, it would help the MTA team because this way it's not only the QA team doing everything.

• Moderators

ravi, things aren't that easy. See the QA team consist in people dedicated to stress MTA to the limit searching for possible bugs, then we report them in our bug tracker and the devs try to solve them with our help. To be honest im sure about the 80% of the people wouldn't not report a bug they have found to this board, they just would pass it and keep playing.

• MTA Team
I can see that the team is putting in a lot of effort and i understand the difficulties in real life that you probably have. MTA:SA DM is amazing at the moment, why wait until it is "fantastic" to release it.

I don't understand the problem with releasing it now...

pls post

You judge by screenshots, but you do not know how the real thing is at this moment. We still have bugs to remove and some trivial things to implement. If we release now we would get so many complaints about things that do not work or because it is highly unstable at times.
  • Moderators
The MTA team and the QA team are doing their best to get DM out as soon as possible, as you will probably understand we don't want to release something that is half the final quality of the mod itself.

:arrow: Locked