ALT-TAB function next patch/update/version

Get a logitech g15 keyboard so you can watch and repley to messages on the lcd srceen and won't even need to leave MTA, thats what you should do it's easyer then bitching to get something done by other poeple, just do it your self hahah

no really I got a g15keyboard and I love it

trainers are hardly the problem. Its the fact that when minimizing the game is automatically paused.

When the game is paused, it stops recieving packets, so essentially it freezes the game at the point you paused.

When you unpause, you have to catch up with the server because you have been paused all this time. THis means you get spammed packets all at once of what has happened in between pausing and unpausing, which causes desync and gamelag amongst other horrible effects.

why dont yo just make MTA a seperate app with its own thread... that way if the game is paused it still recieves packets. there is probably a boolean switch or a jump command that causes the game to pause, why not find it and trick it to thinking it isnt paused

why dont yo just make MTA a seperate app with its own thread... that way if the game is paused it still recieves packets. there is probably a boolean switch or a jump command that causes the game to pause, why not find it and trick it to thinking it isnt paused

yes

why does the game have to pause when you alt tab it?

I play BF2 and it dosnt pause with the alt tab function even though it isnt supposed to support it

what i cant figure out.. .

its not a problem to have it disabled ingame .. but on the /load menu .. the disconnected screen . ...

though i made some tweaks to make it boot faster its still quitte annoying for a developer.. (and yes i could get a second computer or a second screen , but maybe thats *sigh* )

ah well nvm ...

im pretty sure u need a clean copy of SA to play MTA, thus a windowed change might mess something up, plus it just ruins the game when things are in the backround whren ur playing, all in all alt-Tab needs to be put back, and alot of people would agree. i hate to say it but sa-mp made it so when u press the escape key it shows the pause menu but doesnt pause the game, maybe u shud ask around about it, we need alt-tab back even if people are enabling trainers they would be easy to fix by checking memory when something odd gets sent threw just dissconnect the player like in MTA:VC *popup* you have been dissconnected from the server, suspected trainer useage. thats just my 2 cents tho.

MTA FTW.

--Bmx

• MTA Team

We can open a menu as well without actually pausing the game, the problem is that when you minimize GTA that the game itself freezes, therefore MTA freezes.

And why would you want to go out of the game? To check your msn and miss the start of the next round? And yes, i do know of commercial games that do it the same way, not allowing you to minimize while in-game.

even microsoft says disabling alt-tab is a no no. if the game freezes for one reason or another and alt-tab is disabled WOOPS cant get back to the desktop. when you push ctrl-shift-esc(taskman) in game and its frozen then you cant get to taskman either because it starts behind GTA is some cases. the only solution from not being ablke to end game would be to logoff, shutdown, or restart. and thats even more of a pain. just think about multi threads

one to recieve packets

one to run the game

thus the packets can still be recieved without desyncing the game