Just a few thoughts from an old player :o

:Rob

Question

Well.. I've played since .2 Of MTA.. and I've got to say what's left of this community is dissapointing. Having seen what it was, and what it is now.. It's just seriously.. saddening.

In .2-.4 MTA was just badass fighting / rpg all the time. It was also honorable You fought till you had no ammo left and then went after people with a bat till you died, you didn't get carnubbed FIVE TIMES to death, and people didn't PAUSE.

All I see now is honorless pussys running around with no sense of what it used to be like. I went after this guy three times before death, every time he would go get health twice, run far away and then M4 at me, carnub me and run away, etc. Finally the third time I killed him, he came back and got me (Carnubbed and nadeglitched.) I ask him "What the fuck dude, where's the honor?" He says to me "I want to stay alive duh!" I say "It's not about being alive.. if you get beat fair and square, accept it, and give it another shot. Don't run away and get health (much less twice =.=) dont run away to get a car and carnub people, just fight me face to face and whoever wins wins. Say n1 and respawn and give it another shot. Not "I fucked ur sister last night and your mom's a three leged mushroom eater"

Gah... I miss the old MTA. :(

9 answers to this question

I was never around from the 0.2 era, though i suppose back when i started playing 0.3 i had a huge amount of respect for individuals who provided with me a good fight and i made some nice mates along the way, which now i dont speak to anymore and thats a shame, they have obviously moved on in life.

you didn't get carnubbed FIVE TIMES to death, and people didn't PAUSE.

Carkilling has always been itching my back and it does become annoying when players constantly ram you back and forth to your death, though who can say they havent done it themselves at least once thoughout MTA or havent knocked a few players of their feet a few times. Though i do understand where your coming from and its very common now to see players playing deathmatch as its a car rumble rather then standing up for a good clean fight.

Gah... I miss the old MTA.

There is certainly a difference when you look at the era's which have gone by throughout MTA's life. When i started playing everyone seem to respect each other, of course there are players who whine and moan after getting killed, but thats all normal just like any other online game. Most wars were fun and a good laugh, i will never forget some of those days i felt welcomed to playing some great fights.

0.5 was a failure and the lack of fair play gradually began to wore off and many players starting leaving. Players began finding and getting to grips which the new ways of beating any opponent, many of these fights nowadays are too uncompetitive and its easy to notice being killed by some moved gained by unfair gameplay. Seems pretty much now bad has won over good, thats a mistake.

The objective now is to just think positive for the future and hope that those early memories of great gameplay can eventually return back, hopefully.

When i started playing everyone seem to respect each other

I think everyone is looking back through rose coloured glasses. The only time there has ever been a large amount of respect shown is in certain organised, private matches, but even most of them were a flame and argument fest. Arguments that usually spilled over onto the forums and beyond.

Perhaps some of you got absorbed by large groups of players, gangs like KFC etc that became thier own community within a community. Then of course you were playing with peers and when more than a game is shared, respect for each other often follows (with some notable exceptions), if so then i guess it is THOSE times you miss, rather than the far more common and general 'playing on a public server'. The taste of which hasnt changed much at all since 0.2 introduced a chat that kept msgs displayed for longer than 1 second.

Frankly I welcome the growing maturity and respect shown by the community in sa:race and on these forums (again, with one or two exceptions, but every village has to have an idiot). Perhaps the relative lack of death and direct combat makes the difference? other mods that have guns are seeing the same immature flame fests explode onto thier servers and forums that we did a version or two ago.

In .2-.4 MTA was just badass fighting / rpg all the time. It was also honorable You fought till you had no ammo left and then went after people with a bat till you died, you didn't get carnubbed FIVE TIMES to death, and people didn't PAUSE.

Well, pausing certainly isn't an issue in MTA:SA DM, and you could choose to remove cars from the map, so the experience should be a lot better than what you are describing now.

Well, pausing certainly isn't an issue in MTA:SA DM, and you could choose to remove cars from the map, so the experience should be a lot better than what you are describing now.

meh .. ive seen some other ways of unfair gaming - in some obscure | i wont say the name | other mod -

once you leave a store it takes a second to change to weapon

meanwhile i was pinned down by one with a fire-extinguisher

and shot by the other :S

as in .. there will probably be more ways for people to be annoying when cars are removed.. and its not a problem to keep removing things that could be used in a annoying way .. but what fun would be left in the end ?