GTA IV

Outram

Question

I doubt rockstar would trust MTA or any outsider(s) with the source of any of their games, they have payed programmers which im guessing have to sign a nice big contract making them liable for any leak.

R* has the money to hire programmers that can fully devote their time to make GTA4 multiplayer right out of the box.

Before anyone tries to flame me im not saying the MTA team arent good programmers..they just have real like jobs and probably wouldnt drop everything to go work on mp for GTA4.

Before anyone tries to flame me im not saying the MTA team arent good programmers..they just have real like jobs and probably wouldnt drop everything to go work on mp for GTA4.

Well, if Rockstar employed them, they wouldn't need other jobs. And who wouldn't drop everything to work on GTA 4?

There wont be mta-like multiplayer in GTA4.

But for a future version when there IS: Just think how much easier that will make the teams work, no more having to create all the multiplayer aspects, they will just be able to concentrate on taking what is there and making it better/more usable/more customisable :P

I thought it was two player, I've not played it, its local tho right? Which is the point. No netcode involved, which is what I meant.

even if the other guy is standing right next to you, it still requires a netcode :roll:

even if the other guy is standing right next to you, it still requires a netcode
Not when its on the same machine, it just requires two controllers (yes, I think perhaps I AM thinking of S.A, havn't played the console version of any gta. PC ftw!)
even if the other guy is standing right next to you, it still requires a netcode
Not when its on the same machine, it just requires two controllers (yes, I think perhaps I AM thinking of S.A, havn't played the console version of any gta. PC ftw!)

LCS multiplayer requires one PSP per player, it uses a wireless network.

XBOX Live doesn't mean multiplayer. Though there's a large possibility it will have it.

honestly, if they leave out MP for GTA 4, they are just plain STUPID.. I'm talking business-wise.. cuz the GTA franchize has hit a point where it needs something NEW that actually works well.. the car modification mode that was introduced in SA was straight up HALF ASSED.. they should've made it more like NFS.. but that's R* for you.. they've never really swept me off my feet like Illusion for example (Mafia).. R* are allways one step behind..

but on to the MP part.. they where FULLY capable of making SA with a MP mode.. I mean, cmooon.. look at World of Warcraft.. the world in WoW is a gazzillion times larger than the SA map, and it still runs really good.. GFX are better.. gameplay is real nice.. R* had the means to make SA work like that.. but they didn't.. for some F***d reason.. my best guess is that they're holding back with the MP feature to GTA 4, so people have something to look forward to.. so if they leave it out of GTA 4, then..well.. I dunno.. I'll send a bomb on them.. lol.. it's so annoying.. why don't they make their games MP compatible??.. make me go crazy..

BUT.. maybe rockstar are afraid that their MP feature will suck real bad, so they're trying to avoid humiliation.. and WHAT IF the MTA team are actually hired by R*.. that way if the MTA realeases suck, nobodey can complain.. which they could if it was R* who had released the MP feautre..

just a theory.. lol..

but on the real.. SA DM looks freaking awsome.. big ups for the developers!!..

but yea.. does anyone know exactly WHY R* hasn't made their games MP compatible??.. cuz honestly, they have the means to do it..

- nøøb out

EDIT: What's this RAGE engine talk?.. any refferences??