ASE for Dummies!

Did This work for you?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Did This work for you?

• Yes :)
    • No :(

Okay people... most of you just aren't getting this and alot of time and space is waisted on this forum...

Here are my instructions in 30 easy steps!

1)Buy GTA3!

2)Install GTA3

3)Download MTA from http://www.multitheftauto.com

4)Download ASE(All-Seeing Eye) if you don't already have it the link is in the FAQ section of http://www.multitheftauto.com

5)install ASE

6)Run ASE's first time stuff and it'll find most of the games compatable with it (GTA2:MTA will not)

7)When all that is done and ASE is on your screen hit F2

8)Select the "Games" tab

9)Expand the Non-Installed Section

10)Find GTA3:MTA and click it once

11)On the options right of the selections area Check the box "Visable in filter list"

12)Under the "Program Location" box select "Browse"

13)Find the program "mta.exe" in your GTA folder, Hit "Open"

14)Then Select "Okay"

YOU'VE NOW GOT IT ON ASE!

15)Select GTA3:MTA and click the "Refresh" button at the top (Button row, 7th from the left w/blue and red circular arrows)

16)Try to find a server with 2+ people on and a low ping.

17)Click on the server you wish to use then hold CTRL and press C

18)Open the "GTA3 Launcher" of your desktop and select "GTA3 MTA"

19)Let GTA# load and select "Start Game"

20)Alt+Tab back into windows and go to the "Exit Sub" window

21)Fill in your Nick[name] and click in the area to send a chat message.

22)Hold CTRL and press V

23)Copy the FIRST set of numbers (before the ":") and type it into the first box underneath "server ip"

24)Now, type the SECOND set of numbers (after the ":") and type it into the second box under "server ip"

25)Hit "Connect to server"

26)Alt+Tab Back into GTA3 and select "Start MultiTheftAuto"

27)If the credits continue to roll repeatedly Alt+Tab back into the "GTA3 - MultiTheftAuto" window and click on "Send Game Request"

28)Alt+Tab back into GTA3

29)HAVE FUN!

30)Come back to this forum and share your graditude by keeping it at the top so newbies can get on also :)

nice one dude i got my own tutorial as well:

installing instructions:

you download the mta 0.3b installer place it in some folder (not the gta3 folder!) install it TO THE GTA3 FOLDER, then you use the launcher and press on the mta button, it starts gta and the mta client, close gta and client, download ase (the all seeing eye get it from here after setting up ase start gta start a new game you will see the mta credits role alt tab to ase connect to a server it will launch the mta client with the correct ip after the mta client connects press on the "send game request button" should work then.

It doesnt work!! Its giving me an error every time I try to connect. It says : Run-time error '126'. I remembered to do all the stuff but it said that everytime I clicked on "connect to server".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just installed MTA and I can't get it to run right. I can get onto servers and into the game but then all the other people freeze.

I'm on a 56k modem, is this my problem or is it something else :?:

What the heck is the "Exit Sub" window??? And I never see a "Send Game Request" button. I'm using 0.3b, and you guys talk about things I dont see on it. I'm using the launcher.exe and ASE, and EVERYTHING you guys mention. A few steps just throw me off cause I don't see what you're talking about.

Hey, the MTA.exe is nice, but it keeps trying to install shit, also when i run mta it works, but it tries installing it like three times in the process of starting, i get as far as the "PLEASE : credits blablabla" inside mta. but theres no exit submenu, cos when i alt+tab to windows and run mta exe it wants to install again, please help me!! Ive been with GTA since day one, and just found out about this stuff...

HOW DO I GET RID OF THE INSTALL MENU!

well, at least I know what's wrong... :)

move mta.exe from C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA3 over to your desktop.

run it, and install MTA...

now it should work.

you seem to have had the installer in your GTA3 folder, instead of the program (they're both named mta.exe, just to confuse people :))

I downloaded ASE, but i can't install it.

The Installer can't get a connection to the server it needs.

What can I do ?

How do I get this browser installed ?

Or does it have a problem with firewalls ?

Please Help me,

Marquee

whut whut whut whut is whut is.. "exit sub" window? uh? uh? whatchoo talkin boot.. I'm confused noo. I don't seem to have an "exit sub" window.. where do I find this thingymajig? then I can be done and good and clean and safe and secure. *nods*