Yeah....this sounds stupid....

Guest CaptainDeath

Question

I haven't been here for a while so bare with me.

I've been playing GTA 3 and Vice since they came out and i wanted to try this a while back. The problem is that i have Windows 2000 and cannot afford to purchase Windows XP at this time (and probably not for a while). That being said, does anyone know if MTA will work with 2000 or was that never brought to the drawing board?

6 answers to this question

Btw, dont go and buy XP now. Vista comes @ the end of 2006, so if you buy XP now you will always "miss the train" ( cos once you bought vista there is already a new OS again ;p )

Vista comes in January 2007 (for some reason missing the Christmas period). You made a few assumptions though, namely that MTA would work on Vista, and that Vista would be able to run on his PC (the system requirements are high). And I would imagine that Vista will be around for a long time, as XP came in 2001.

My advice: buy Vista later on. I'm always wary of first-generation stuff, so don't get Vista until the first service pack is released.

I wasn't planning on getting Vista right away anyways. Although i did start my own business and the payment for my first account comes in soon (about $700). I'll check for all updates to 2000 and then try it later on.