drive-by

four things:

1. Shooting backward on the motorbike looks REALLY stupid (when driving it at the same time)

2. GTA is unrealistic but it tries to be. Don't make it more stupid than it is.

3. Why would not driver's drive-by look like in Mafia? You can shoot but for limited amount of space.

4. As a passenger we should be able to shoot almost any weapon. Is it available? (for example i saw once in SP guy shooting from ak-47 sorry I don't have a photo)

Man, i don't wanna the game be more realistic, i want it to be as more fun as possible. And ak-47 in drive-bys is too powerfull weapon, will spoil it imho

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool russian gun, why not using it? Is it possible to reduce damage made in specific guns in drive-by?

Ye, i also like this gun as i'm Russian :lol: , but i dont see a point of making it be used in drive-bys. mp5 and weapons like that is enough

1. Shooting backward on the motorbike looks REALLY stupid (when driving it at the same time)

Theres no pedrestrains getting involved so i dont really understand how is can be stupid, as long as you have control of the vehicle then your fine. If your looking it at as in a real life situation then i must agree with you it is stupid because its a higher chance of causing a blinding accident for yourself or even death, its obviously not that hard to figure out.

I dont really see any point in adding more weapons to be used in drive-by combinations because its just spoiling the game. We should be pleased that drive-bys will be available for us to play around with come the release of the future versions.

wont there be an SDK?

there should be a feature to disable certain types of drivebys imo.

int DBM_DRIVER_WINDOW = 0x1;
int DBM_DRIVER_SIDE = 0x2;
int DBM_DISABLED = 0x3;

core->SetPlayerDrivebyMode(DBM_DRIVER_WINDOW); //cheat style
core->SetPlayerDrivebyMode(DBM_DRIVER_SIDE); //normal gta style
core->SetPlayerDrivebyMode(DBM_DRIVER_WINDOW); //all the way disabled

four things:

3. Why would not driver's drive-by look like in Mafia? You can shoot but for limited amount of space.

4. As a passenger we should be able to shoot almost any weapon. Is it available? (for example i saw once in SP guy shooting from ak-47 sorry I don't have a photo)

Man, i don't wanna the game be more realistic, i want it to be as more fun as possible. And ak-47 in drive-bys is too powerfull weapon, will spoil it imho

How can you even say that before you try it? You realize all the drive-by weapons can be modified. You could tone up/down the damage on certain weapons whilst drive-bying to keep it even. It's just that if you can only drive-by with SMG's everyone will be the class (if there's classes) with the SMG. Or people will only buy SMG's.

Yes in sa mp you can shoot from DODO and you know i think is good from one side cuz if someone follow to you with hydra or rustler and pasenger can get out from window and shoot hydra with smg(ofcource two shoots with hydra and dodo is died dodo)

To the last poster - wtf?

To the topic in general - Driveby weapons other than the smgs and the pistol seem to be very glitch when used for about 10 minutes or longer. This can result in the game crashing, slowing down ( - fps), or the graphics in the game to become buggy (tested on both nvidia and ati cards, so dont bring a hardwarezwar into this fanboys...). The reason all of those weapons are glitchy is becasue this feature was not meant to be implimented into gtasa and was taken out about 2 months before completion due to "errors" in the code that made the game freeze, or on the pc, crash. So about the bigger weapons being used to db with? It would just make the mod less stable, and we dont need them. How did "realism" get brought into this? Its GTA FFS, if you want realism, get away from the internet and your pc in general.

To the last poster - wtf?

To the topic in general - Driveby weapons other than the smgs and the pistol seem to be very glitch when used for about 10 minutes or longer. This can result in the game crashing, slowing down ( - fps), or the graphics in the game to become buggy (tested on both nvidia and ati cards, so dont bring a hardwarezwar into this fanboys...). The reason all of those weapons are glitchy is becasue this feature was not meant to be implimented into gtasa and was taken out about 2 months before completion due to "errors" in the code that made the game freeze, or on the pc, crash. So about the bigger weapons being used to db with? It would just make the mod less stable, and we dont need them. How did "realism" get brought into this? Its GTA FFS, if you want realism, get away from the internet and your pc in general.

Don't the bots in Single Player use heavy weapons for drivebys.

But i agree, i feel balance takes HEAVY priority over realism.

four things:

1) I dont think it looks stupid. Its very possible to shoot backwards while still holding onto the bike. The result is the same as real life, since when you're aiming backwards you cant see anything in front, and you are very likely to have an accident.

2) So you're saying that weapons should have 10x increased fire rate and double power as soon as someone enters the vehicle? Right, that's very realistic AND it helps the balance of the game a whole lot.

3) You're telling the MTA team to create their own animations which dont exist in the game at all...? Thatd mean editing GTAs files and to perfect creation of animations (since i havent seen ANY anim mods for GTASA as of yet) itd take a very long time and delay the release.....not to mention that none of the team have the knowledge on how to create animations

4) This may be possible, at the moment its only Uzis. DarkDragon98756 makes a decent point of weapon balance. It may be possible in future.

Hell, looks like we had some misunderstanding. I don't say there should be heavy weapons on drive-by, ak-47 was just an example. But why normal pistol couldn't be used? In SA-MP i can't shoot any other type but subgun. To get subgun i mostly need to go to ammunation. I have only pistol-type weapon at start - make THIS working on drive-by. (heavy weapons are another thing) .

Something else - what do u think about throwing grenades and molotovs from car? It isn't making weapons unbalanced is it? (is it possible anyway?)

Something else - what do u think about throwing grenades and molotovs from car? It isn't making weapons unbalanced is it? (is it possible anyway?)

Im pretty sure that isnt possible, let alone by glitching your way with another gun.

But i kinda understand your point now. It's similar to dragons...everything revolves around Uzis.

is there no way to reduce the power of the normal driveby?

No offence but isn't that taking the guts out of the game?

What's gta without a deadly driveby? NOTHING!

Yea, if ya look at Cj's arm when having the aim/driving cheat (OUIQDMW), it twists. Kinda looks silly.

If you want to do driveby's with all weapons, make it with the SDK.

If you want to see peds with guns and doing drivebys type FOOOXFT, SJMAHPE and do police missions.

is there no way to reduce the power of the normal driveby?

No offence but isn't that taking the guts out of the game?

ehrm... I dont get it :?

and about criminals wielding guns with vigilante, you don't need cheats for that, if the level is high enoegh they will use weapons from inside the cars.

sure its possible, pretty simple to find as well.

its as simple as creating a ped with SCM, tracking his HP, then when you find it set a breakpoint.

then, get in a car and do a driveby...

it should look something like mov[esi+0x540],eax

the value of EAX is what MTA needs to change...

but of course, they know that..but i hope they implement it :)

• 3 months later...

lil Toady wrote

Ye, i also like this gun as i'm Russian , but i dont see a point of making it be used in drive-bys. mp5 and weapons like that is enough

I don’t think you can use mp5 in drive bys i heard that was to powerful and the mta team disable it..

I’m not shore so correct me if im wrong:D