Idea to help with lag....

You know how some times you shoot someone on your screen but on his screen it look totaly diferent?

Well here's something that might be a good idea or just really dumb. :P

Lets say you shoot some 1 in the arm at location X Y Z.

Have the clint send a "massage" to the server that he hit him in the arm on point X Y Z.

After that the server checks if the other player got hit as well. If he didn't and is a fair distance away from point X Y Z have the server give him damage.

Any thoughts?

[edit]

I did see the video for MTA:DM and it did look really good and no need to shoot in front but, thats for people with a ping of about 50-100 i guess and this idea will help peole with higher then 100 ping. (like me)

commercials games suffer badly at those kind of extremes.

Actuly i once had a rather good game with all the players (including me) having a ping between 500-1000ms ping. :lol:

I'm sure if this was added it would help out alot of people that do have a high ping making mta really special. :P

People on dial-up shouldn't play online games, with broadband so cheap and often free theres no excuse.

If you put someones sync at a low priority as you said you encourage desync, if that is shown on screen it would looks terrible. So your basic idea is bad.

People on dial-up shouldn't play online games, with broadband so cheap and often free theres no excuse.

Yeah dude, I'm in Lebanon (Middle east) and allthough this connectionis better then dial-up it's still too slow to play online. (avarage ping is 500-800) :wink:

And i'm sure that there're many MTA players that have to use dial-up or some other slow connection for thir own reasons.

Doesn't geographical location constitute an excuse? Only 80% of the United Kingdom or something have access to high-speed Internet. So you're saying you don't care about a fifth of the population, and that 12 million people in the UK alone shouldn't be able to play online games so that the other 48 million can play it with less lag?

Can't everyone get satellite broadband?

Which results in terrible latency, and relies on a landline for upstream.

And just because farmer Smith in his upper Hebrides farm can only access 56K doesn't mean game developers should be forced into more work.

Some areas of britain are just impractical to be given broadband access, mostly places with low population per area.

I know you have to upload with a 56k modem, but surely you're doing a lot more downloading than uploading?

Yeh but the signals having to go to a satellite orbiting maybe 400+ miles above the earth and then back down again.