I'm talking to you through my Dreamcast!

paul527

Sorry for this double post (stfu all you forum police),

but i just logged onto my real computer, to see if what i wrote on my Dreamcast was on here, but why wouldnt it be? Anyways i dont got my Dreamcast keyboard with me, and typing by clicking on a on screen keyboard takes like 5 minutes.

Well, i thought it was pretty cool to login to MTA forums through a Dreamcast, until i saw how slow things were, thanks to dailup + slow processor(dreamcast aint fast), but I checked, and MTA's webcite is Dreamcast compatible!

(Like anyone connects with that anyways)

Yeah i was looking through a plastic container with all my old game stuff in it. Came across a Web Browser 2.0 for the Dreamcast. I knew Dreamcast could connect to dailup, but i forgot you could browse the internet with it.

And since recently i switched back to dail up,

i thought i might as well try it.

Works.

Now if you dont got a keyboard for Dreamcast, you can use the On Screen Key Board. Have you ever tryed that? Takes forever if your posting. Clicking on everyletter with a cursor, even autosnap cursor takes a long time.

Yeah I decided to goto MTA's home page. Works great, so now the home page is tested to work on anything, even Dreamcast. But anyways, i logged into the forums, made a post, disconnected my Dreamcast and used my computer instead.

Web browsing is kindof faster than on a computer,

the slow part i was talking about was the slow loading of options, like changing dailup preferences (numbers, passwords, etc)

And a extra feature i found was that it supports IRC chat...

...i gotta try that next...

Computer died? Use your Dreamcast!

• 2 months later...

I remember that... it has the capability to provide web access as a TV-WEB (cant remember what you call it). I have a dreamcast myself. Still hooked up, collecting dust for about 2 years.

P.S. Power Stone 2 for dreamcast is the best damn game. Rush 2049 pwns alot too.

You've just brought back some memories Ransom.

I used to like Wang-Tang, he was always had that ability to move very quicker then the rest when it comes to speed.

POWER FUSION! ;p

Some of the Resident Evil games which were released on the console were games that got me glued for several hours after bordem on the PS1.

Edited by Guest

oh yea def. That guys powerups were the bomb.. I mean comeon, he throws a huge friggin fireball or totally kills 1 person using that crazy speed-o-light uppercut kick thing lol

Those are some of the few games I have for dreamcast... makes me wanna play em. btw I also had code veronica (I can't remember where I think a friend left it lol)

Dreamcast wasn't my exact faveorite console but it still provided me and several mates some good laughs back during those days, aswell like the N64.

The games which can be played over the network were the ones i remember on dreamcast the most. Games such as Phantasy Star Online for example had nice online capabilities and became addictive quite easily.