Will SA Die Before MTA:SA:DM Gets Released?

Guest BmxKilleR

It really does matter in how which mode will offer what. SA-MP might have this, while MTA has this. The people can only do so much. The map editor (in my eyes) is what excites me the most, but a almost-bug-free mode is awesomeness too. Know whatda mean?

well, i can see everyone has been replying to this and not to bump an old thread but theres things that even if MTA: SA: DM was completely never going to be a problem perfect (as of now) release and was given out tomorrow theres still many things that take away from SA.

cheaters: no matter how much anti-cheat stuff you put into the mod there will still be that crazy guy that is detirmined to get past it, and they will.

banning: your banning system could be good for the average ban, meaning a person that if they get banned, well they are banned. but if your dealing with the popular guy '2pac' from gta:rumbl and sa-mp, who can evade any ban (changing his subnet and the tail of his ip) it will be impossible to get rid of the smart cheaters.

Customization: customizing servers will be almost like sa-mp seeing as mIRC wont be the scripting language anymore, i have heard the scripting language will be close to a C++ type of code. dedicated scripters will force themselfs to learn it, others will get others scripts and edit them slighty (changing author names and such) and then you have the people that will just not learn it and complain how they have no cool scripts. i think that since MTA has put mIRC script into their mod they should have stuck with it because by now many people have learned it very well and are used to it, if not just make mIRC script an option next to the other tytpe of scripting.

admin: without alt tabbing avalible you cant do things out of game (like if you had a script where u had a dialog box out of game that u wanted to access). this i thought waqs essential being able to alt tab out, but i guess the developers thought it would not be nessasary and the privlage was taken. so far the new admin system looks amazing but im sure that people will find ways o get around it.

all in all i hope mta gets out soon so we can all expierence the greatness of it instead of just the QA team. it will bring a whole new feel to GTA: SA. thats just my 2cents.

--Bmx

cheaters: no matter how much anti-cheat stuff you put into the mod there will still be that crazy guy that is detirmined to get past it, and they will.

Same for any game, hopefully cheat definitions will be updated regularly this time which will go a long way to easing the situation.

popular guy '2pac'

I hardly think popular is the correct term in this case.

(changing his subnet and the tail of his ip) it will be impossible to get rid of the smart cheaters.

Being able to switch something off and then on again doesn;t make someone 'smart'. Quite the opposite if it is done to avoid a ban. I'd not want to go to a party where I clearly wasn't welcome/wanted. Not if there were hundreds of other public parties on the same street.

since MTA has put mIRC script into their mod they should have stuck with it

Actually we didnt, Aeron developed it with much consultation with myself as an addon, an extra, initially it was a way to interact with the game via mIRC but many features I suggested and discussed with him got added (very quickly too, hes an extremely fast and skilled coder when he is motivated) such as multiserver support, game scripting etc. It was never integrated into MTA itself, and I'm pretty sure it will still be available for any new versions. But why would you script using the relatively slow, limited and clunky IRC scripting when you can use c++? :)

admin: without alt tabbing avalible you cant do things out of game (like if you had a script where u had a dialog box out of game that u wanted to access). this i thought waqs essential being able to alt tab out, but i guess the developers thought it would not be nessasary and the privlage was taken. so far the new admin system looks amazing but im sure that people will find ways o get around it.

I sort-of agree with you here, allowing a player to alt-tab whilst still keeping his game 'active', allowing him to die and be jacked etc, would be a better solution as there are many legitimate reasons to pop back to desktop for a minute. Admin control not the least of them.

all in all i hope mta gets out soon so we can all expierence the greatness of it instead of just the QA team.

QA isnt all fun and games (though a lot of it is obviously) there is a lot of bug chasing and documenting, a lot of grind. But I'm sure we all would like it finished as soon as possible. Just be patient, it will be worth it.

Quote:

I sort-of agree with you here, allowing a player to alt-tab whilst still keeping his game 'active', allowing him to die and be jacked etc, would be a better solution as there are many legitimate reasons to pop back to desktop for a minute. Admin control not the least of them.

i agree totally

it isnt a problem i cant alt-tab ingame

but it should be able on the main screen FFS

do you know how long it takes to rewrite / check IRC code this way

code

start mta

join server

see its still not working

quit

fix code a bit

start mta

join server

quit

fix code a bit

start mta

join server

quit

fix code a bit

start mta

join server

test... seems to be working

SO TOTALLY :o

aargh

ps .. sorry for this off topic rant :D

Edited by Guest
Okay, you people need to look at the big picture. San Andreas is no where near losing popularity by any means. If you look at Gamespot it has been on the top 10 list for the PS2 version since it came out! Thats almost 2 years and it's still on the top ten for a version that isn't moddable (yeah yeah the 2.0 version of hte PC one isnt technically moddable, but thats why we all have 1.0). The point is you and a couple hundred or even thousand people could be bored of SA by the time MTA DM comes out, but that doesn't mean the other million and some will be. All in all, no people won't be bored of it.

MTA-SA.

Not SA.

Completely different.

I wish MTA would just work for 1.01

i dont have two computers ....

You could add few commands to shortcut properities, so it would automatically connect on launch :P. Hints on how to do that are on wiki.

oh ..thats nice ..

but it doesnt take me long to click quick connect - localhost

the problem is the two splashscreens . the movie .. the loading screen ..

but nvm, way off topic

Blue is way more advanced than anything else. Race mode shows its power and that was only demonstration. Deathmatch of course is the real deal. Magazine and news publicity is becoming more frequent and more impressive each year. Recently there was a big mention at gamespy for an upcoming commercial game release (out of the blue! (pun? lol)): http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=17442

Quite frankly, MTA has the most to offer at more advanced levels (on all fronts). The replay value due to customization is tenfold that of the other MTA games. All good things come to those who wait though.

the problem is the two splashscreens . the movie .. the loading screen ..

I'm sure theres a (legal?) way to remove those, but i do agree it's stupid not being able to minimize the window to do something else, but it does solve alot of problems aswell.

Maybe someone will look further into the 'keeping it running in the background' thing at some point.