Will SA Die Before MTA:SA:DM Gets Released?

Guest BmxKilleR

it seems like gta:rumble has come out and excited everyone, then sa-mp comes along and gets ALOT of players. but the question is how long can people enjoy playing SA before it gets old? i know its starting to get old for me and i was really looking forward to playing MTA:SA:DM but it dont look like its going to come out anytime soon seeing as they are still in alpha stage. im starting to think that everyone will get tired of SA before MTA:SA:DM even comes out of alpha stage :cry:. if im the only one that thinks this let me know and ill shut up.

Bmx,

WOOT!

SA itself sucks major cockage, the only side of it which I like is the damn multiplayer. For me SA multiplayer is a whole new better game, so from your POV it should be like waiting for a whole new game, or rather, since other goups already released multiplayer, a whole new VERSION of this new game. Hell, if it wasn't for multiplayer I would've stopped playing SA after two weeks.

Edited by Guest
it seems like gta:rumble has come out and excited everyone, then sa-mp comes along and gets ALOT of players. but the question is how long can people enjoy playing SA before it gets old? i know its starting to get old for me and i was really looking forward to playing MTA:SA:DM but it dont look like its going to come out anytime soon seeing as they are still in alpha stage. im starting to think that everyone will get tired of SA before MTA:SA:DM even comes out of alpha stage :cry:. if im the only one that thinks this let me know and ill shut up.

Bmx,

WOOT!

Huh man i agree with you!Wery soon i think will be next release of sa mp where will be map editor.After that all sa will be boring.Saint row(i think its right) will be out in next year and there will be MP.And every one will gona play that.so maybe in first day of new gta game release MTA team will gona make a little beta test.Like it was with sa-mp.

So enyway MTA team have to go faster cuz they are making DM to long time and i understand what you wana make all thinks better and bla bla bla but i think with each new day you are losing your fans.So at the time when mta dm will be out only who will gona play that will be mta team.

I agree with Black Dragon, multiplayer adds a whole new level to it, so much so it's like playing a different game.

Look at Vice City, it's been out for years, and there're still hundreds of people playing MTA:VC.

MTASA:DM will be very different to other multiplayer mods already out for San Andreas, and, I think, will be extremely popular for a very long time :D

Bmx,

WOOT!

That may be true to some extent, but remember there are still millions of potential fans who have not yet even heard of MTA. Besides, I think MTA:SA will bring a new experience to San Andreas that will give it good replay value.

who cares if itll take years for mta-dm to come out.

better have a stable good dm which keeps you excited for years then a fizzy-fuzzy "were the first dm-mod for sa" version

(nooo, im not referring to any current dms outthere, naa ;] ).

who cares if itll take years for mta-dm to come out.

better have a stable good dm which keeps you excited for years then a fizzy-fuzzy "were the first dm-mod for sa" version

(nooo, im not referring to any current dms outthere, naa ;] ).

Uh no. If it takes "years" I doubt you will see anyone playing it. Besides, if GTA4 has multiplayer, and MTA isnt released by then...

if gta4 has multiplayer it would still be a new, more cpu-hungry game youd have to pay for whether mta is totally free and you allready own gta:sa.

^^

...and i dont really expect the dm to take YEARS till it comes out...

SanAndreas ONLINE has gone boring i dont think many more ppl will play mta-sa as they played sa-mp, alot of ppl don't play sa-mp anymore why should i/they play mta-sa , gta sa online has gone boring now, gl with mta-sa anyway but dont expect alot players on it.

Okay, you people need to look at the big picture. San Andreas is no where near losing popularity by any means. If you look at Gamespot it has been on the top 10 list for the PS2 version since it came out! Thats almost 2 years and it's still on the top ten for a version that isn't moddable (yeah yeah the 2.0 version of hte PC one isnt technically moddable, but thats why we all have 1.0). The point is you and a couple hundred or even thousand people could be bored of SA by the time MTA DM comes out, but that doesn't mean the other million and some will be. All in all, no people won't be bored of it.

Uh no. If it takes "years" I doubt you will see anyone playing it. Besides, if GTA4 has multiplayer, and MTA isnt released by then...

well gta4 its like 2 years oway so... its act 26 i think but it will be hold back just like gta sa so MTA:SA will be out by that time

o well we will get it for christmas ehhe im talkin about the MTA mode i really dont care i got shool so i can wait...

Okay, you people need to look at the big picture. San Andreas is no where near losing popularity by any means. If you look at Gamespot it has been on the top 10 list for the PS2 version since it came out! Thats almost 2 years and it's still on the top ten for a version that isn't moddable (yeah yeah the 2.0 version of hte PC one isnt technically moddable, but thats why we all have 1.0). The point is you and a couple hundred or even thousand people could be bored of SA by the time MTA DM comes out, but that doesn't mean the other million and some will be. All in all, no people won't be bored of it.

How can you say that? San Andreas is crap. It's boring as shit once you finish the story. Sure you can run around like an idiot from the cops, but the AI sucks so bad. The game is already out of popularity. If anyone's still playing it (on the PS2 of all things with no mob abilities at all) it's all just a buncha dumbasses that can't see a good game if it bites them on the nose. San Andreas is done once you get all the explosions, headshots, and the story out of the way. There's nothing left to it.

How can you say that? San Andreas is crap. It's boring as :~ once you finish the story. Sure you can run around like an idiot from the cops, but the AI sucks so bad. The game is already out of popularity. If anyone's still playing it (on the PS2 of all things with no mob abilities at all) it's all just a buncha dumbasses that can't see a good game if it bites them on the nose. San Andreas is done once you get all the explosions, headshots, and the story out of the way. There's nothing left to it.

erm, the power of gta has always been the free-roam, which is there and with all the extra crap such as car "tuning" and all the sidegames, it doesn't get boring, specially cause of the big arse map

now vc, that got boring

I would love to play GTA3 and Vice City online again if the community were as big as it was back in the day.

In fact, I would choose them over San Andreas for several reasons. I find the map quite large and boring, the camera is hard to control and usually interferes with things such as driving and aiming, the weapons are not balanced or varied enough (the hitman stats ruining everything and weapons like shotguns no longer knocking your opponents down are just a few examples), the controls are awkward and feel like they're better suited to a joypad (the prime example here is holding aim to shoot, which is also where the messy camera kicks in and starts zooming in and out), and finally, San Andreas does not run optimally at all like Vice City does; usually it's very laggy and you get random FPS drops, which reminds me a bit of GTA3, but San Andreas is much worse.

In my opinion, San Andreas was a terrible port for the PC. It is fun to play, but it will never measure up to its predecessors.

I've said this many times. If I had a choice between GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas, I would not choose San Andreas.

But back to your original question: No, many of the regulars around here will not lose interest before a proper deathmatch mod releases. Even though San Andreas is not quite as good as GTA3 and Vice City in many people's eyes, it should hold up just as well as the other games did.

Please don't base your opinions on other multiplayer mods released for San Andreas, either, including the race mod. It should be treated as nothing more than a teaser in the team's larger scope of MTA: Blue. MTA: SA DM is far different from anything out there so far, and it's only in the alpha stage.

Edited by Guest

On one hand i would like gta4 to have a mp, but on the other i wouldnt like it due to the fact there would be MILLIONS on n00bs and clans the first day its released, just imagine how fucked up the community would be because you know around 80% of them would be under 16, i prefer the community how it is now and as the for the topic, i doubt sa will die before mtasa:dm comes out, look at gta3 / vc for example ;)

I would have to agree with you Brophy.

i wouldnt like it due to the fact there would be MILLIONS on n00bs and clans the first day its released, just imagine how :o up the community would be because you know around 80% of them would be under 16

Theres like an odds and evens situation at that point, most of these small independant clans would only last for a matter of short days which are being controlled or managed by inmature people. Constant complaining and pathetic excuses is very annoying to hear even on mta alone. The other half would be more clans being formed and developed by people who want to make something within the community and play something that they all love. That would be some increase of maturity and new faces to meet, aswell as a new experience towards future activites.

I'm not sure if GTA2 is dead but i still enjoy playing it every now and then.

Likewise. Every now and again when i have some free time to myself i usually play some of the old classic games including GTA and GTA2. Hearing the " Grand Theft Auto 1 " tune right at the beginning of the game, then heading towards those orange people, which still today i have no idea who they actually are, leading them onto the railway tracks and continuing my slaughtering in the nearby park. These memories i will never forget.