GTA 4 uses same high definitoin thing as Table Tennis

mintsz

For those of you who have a 360 ( like me ) and hae played table tennis you will quickly realize graphics are AMAZING. amazing graphics which are going to be used in GTA4. i think i got this off of xbox360.qj.net i dont remmeber.. anyway - this means gta4 will look awesome on the 360, and when it looked good on the xbox for San andreas, it looked way better on the comp! good news for us! :D

1080 x 720 is not high but yay for the console owners.

In comparison, the 7950 GX2 has "1 GB of GDDR3 memory and support for resolutions up to 2560 X 1600"

What is that ? Two times greater ?

Personally I think it´s sad to see the pc version getting knocked yet again

1080 x 720 is not high but yay for the console owners.

In comparison, the 7950 GX2 has "1 GB of GDDR3 memory and support for resolutions up to 2560 X 1600"

What is that ? Two times greater ?

Personally I think it´s sad to see the pc version getting knocked yet again

1080*720=777600 pixels

2560*1600= 4249600 pixels

pixels is a dot on the screen the game,cpu and graphic card need to calculate

so its 5.4 times greater in size

( just like a 4*4 pool is 4 times bigger than a 2*2 pool ;) )

oh and 1080 * 720 isnt high on a computer display .. but its high definition tv on a television !!

Edited by Guest
  • MTA Team

GTA IV is gonna use the RAGE engine or Rockstar Advanced Gaming Engine, this is the same engine as has been used in "Rockstar Presents : Table Tennis". The tennis game was build as a test game to get some inhouse experience with the engine.

The 1080i HDTV format is 1920x1080 pixels, if you didn't know.

I 4 1 did not..

.. because I stopped caring about consoles after I grew up :lol:

(.. and was able to afford some proper gear)

Maybe the tide will change, consoles over comps with the next generation.

Or maybe the Playstation will look like a gameboy next to a high end pc, yet again, when GTA 4 lands on pc in 2008

At least we all know where the money is at.

I doubt it will be 18 years. Some countries will be stopping analogue broadcasts in only a few years, and will probably start broadcasting in HD formats.

digital isnt hd, i dont plan on a new tv for a long time, it has digital, so it will last until they stop broadcasting non-hd, which should be in many years time.

but you are right about analog going soon, and hd will start about the same time. most things arnt even filmed in hd yet, so i doubt it will become the only option for at least 10 years.

I doubt it will be 18 years. Some countries will be stopping analogue broadcasts in only a few years, and will probably start broadcasting in HD formats.

digital isnt hd, i dont plan on a new tv for a long time, it has digital, so it will last until they stop broadcasting non-hd, which should be in many years time.

but you are right about analog going soon, and hd will start about the same time. most things arnt even filmed in hd yet, so i doubt it will become the only option for at least 10 years.

But why invest in digital production equipment when you know it's going to be superceded by HD in the not too distant future? Why not just invest in HD?

hmm.... maybe because i got the tv 4-6 years ago? before hd. it was the only digital tv in the shop. i think there may have been hd plasma tvs around, but i wasnt going to pay £20000 for one!

and its never going to be fully superseded in terestrial, there just isnt enough bandwidth, even with analog gone, only a few channels will be able to have hd.