MTA: VC

Guest Lebowski

Is the game still in function on MTA? Cause I dled the latest version...I hope it's 0.3 r2, I just purchased GTA VC today for the main purpose playing it on MTA, can someone please help, appreciate it.

The newest VC version is MTA 0.5. It has GTA3 and VC support included. It is oldish now as the team are concentrating all development on San Andreas at the moment, therefore the older games have taken a back seat.

I just want to add some other information which might interest you or help yourself in another way.

- Auto Aim is obviously not available, you probably already know this.

- Spacebar is to jump, just like single player. (You cannot jump with genades or the stubby shotgun)

- 0.5 has its own " Stunt Mode " aswell as " Deathmatch Mode ". The servers names indicate what the server mode is and other details.

- In Stuntmode you can use the nitro power for the remote cars by using the Shift key. Recharging the bar takes a few seconds.

Basically most skills and controls are exactly the same as single player.

I'm playing MTA & people are just like walking around typing things like

!job

!bank

!loc

I don't understand is this an RPG or something, I thought it was just kill or be killed?

Most servers have running scripts which players on the server can play around on. There are hundreds of commands available to use and all have different meanings or actions.

For example the !loc is the location command. Players can find information on where another player is on the map or where you are yourself.

!bank is a command for mostly addon scripts for RPG gameplay. Money received from doing jobs can be collected and used to purchase buildings etc.

The scripts however dont effect any gameplay experience so you can still fight and whatever you wish, not all servers have scripts running. Some servers are just for RPG gameplay which is really not for anyone looking for a fight. Ankeborg's server is the most populated server for RPG play.

The addon section of these forums has a number of scripts for example which players can download and use for their server.

• 4 weeks later...

0.5.1 wont be released on the old core, which is used to play 0.5 and previous versions. Future VC versions are very likely to be developed on the new core BLUE in the coming future. For now though SA is the main priority for development.

• 3 weeks later...