Not starting after Splash Screen

Guest tommy_z

Allright so, I start MTA, get the "stop playing with yourself" splash screen, and then nothing happens. I've looked at the WIKI, held ctrl down and selected correct folder, and still nothing.

I'm using the correct version, tried patch (says it's allready updated), reinstalling GTA, even had a friend send me his gta_sa.exe (MTA works fine for him) and still doesn't start up. I've also tried starting it in various "compatibility mode" variations to no avail...

I replaced my gta_sa.exe with another .exe and after the splash screen it ran it, so I know it's not having a problem where it cant find the game. Single player also works perfectly fine...

I noticed this version was supposed to have fixed this issue, but doesn't seem to be working for me. Any ideas?

i had this problem too but i fixed it...

all i really did was deleted the .Set file in My documents/GTA User Files

then i started up singleplayer and went into settings then shut the game down then re-installed MTA and it worked perfectly :)

hope this helps

Gibbo

Ok, well I tried deleting the .set file and started single player game, redid settings (made new .set file). Same problem, nothing after splash screen. I also deleted the entire folder, redid settings in single player then MTA. Also deleted entire folder and started MTA (without going into single player to redo settings), but all had same problem after splash screen.

I did notice however, that after I deleted the folder and started MTA (without starting single player first), it recreated the folder (sans .set file). So the game is starting up, at least partially...

Hi

I did all the things that are posted here, but dont work...

I dont know what i have to do, please help =)

(I just open the MTA, i see the splash screen, but after dont happens nothing... Help please ;) _

this could be your graphics card, most modern ATI and nVidia cards will work, what do you have, and does gta work on your pc

another problem there might be is not enough shared memory, you change this in your bios settings, if you have trouble just reply here

• 2 weeks later...

same is happening here, i try to open the MTA: San Andreas and it loads the splash screen buy after that nothing happens, then i have to do ctrl+alt+del to close the gta_sa.exe because its consuming 99% of my cpu usage... its a very weird problem. Oh and yea it used to work sometime ago...

Single Player works

i am able to run other mp mods

i've already tried all the solutions at that forum... none worked :(

My computer:

AMD Athlon 939 64 3000+

1GB Ram

ATI Radeon X600 Pro

MSI K8N Neo4

• 2 weeks later...

some times it starts up but most the times just won't work? how can i fix this and if i cant fix it are there just solutions that i can do to get it to start up again, thanx

same problem as all but i sometimes it randomly starts and works fine but most the times not???