Server not working with router!

Guest Twinnuke

I have all ports set right. ASE - 22126(range) udp, Server port 22003(ranger) Udp and Remote admin is udp 44003(range). I have no firewall, i checked. I cant connect to my server. I was able to when i didn't have a router, help?

I don't understand. I'm using my Ip to connect. The server isnt even up on the list. And i cant remote admin it either, even though thats all setup. I have all ranges enabled... yada yada yada. its all set up in the config to be just as i did on my router settings.

Im using my pc ip... it always changes. That one. 70.135.202.57 thats it atm. but it always changes. for the router thing i have it static. it never changes.

Im using my pc ip... it always changes. That one. 70.135.202.57 thats it atm. but it always changes. for the router thing i have it static. it never changes.

If you're trying to connect to the same pc you have client on, use ip: 127.0.0.1

That's the problem, most routers won't allow you to connect to local servers with your Internet IP. How would you expect to connect to it if you didn't have Internet access? :P

Learn some stuff about networking and then try setting your server up.

Listen here bud. Who the hell said i didn't have internet access? Now. Without my router I can host games and play on them w/ other people. With my router, I cannot. And what if i dont feel like learning about networking, huh? there must be something simple to do. Since all i do is hook up a router and it don't work. Now Ive opened all the ports for MTA immaginable. Still no luck. WTF!

Who said you didn't have Internet access? And making abusive posts towards people who are trying to help you isn't the way to go, you could just co-operate with them surely?

You obviously aren't listening to what I'm trying to say. You're trying to connect to your LOCAL server with your INTERNET IP. Say I went to a friends house and we had some other peeps round here. We all plug our computer into his router/switch, use the wireless, whatever. I set up an MTASA server on my computer, but my friend doesn't have Internet access at his house, but that's fine, since it's only us who want to play on it. How do we connect to it though, if we don't have an Internet IP? That's exactly what you're trying to do, connect to a local server, but for some extremely retarded reason which I cannot figure out, you're trying to connect with your Internet IP. What I am trying to point out is, how would you be able to access your server if you DIDN'T HAVE INTERNET ACCESS? Also, you don't need to open ports to connect to local servers, that's only if you want external users to be able to make direct connection to you.

All you need to do is connect to the LAN IP of the machine which is hosting it, or if it's on your PC (which is also retarded) then use localhost or 127.0.0.1

Rant over, and please don't try to act smarter than me when you obviously aren't. If you don't even know how to connect to a local server, I can't understand why you've even tried setting one up.

You obviously aren't listening

nope .. since i told him the exact same answer two days before his last post

but lets be friendly

you dont need a master in internet tech for this

but some basics about internet wont hurt

ROUTER:

this baby ROUTES data between two networks .. that is , your internal network and the outside network (most common - the internet)

you are trying to connect from your pc , to your pc ..

then you dont need to use the outside IP but the inside network IP .. and since its likely the same computer .. youll need the LOCALHOST IP = 127.0.0.1

what you were doing is - in lamens terms

something in the line of this story

imagine your living in a appartment building (internal network) - and your making a home pizza (hosting a server) in your appartment (localhost) .. its done and your hungry (trying to connect) .. so you want to get it out the oven (play the game)

if you decide to call the pizza parler at the end of the street to have it delivered .. which will result in a response like : screw you and stop making prank calls (connection failed - cant connect )

you decide to pick up the phone , call yourself and ask for it to be delivered to your adress .. so .. tell me , how are you planning to deliver something posing as a delivery guy to yourself.. you cant open the door because your standing outside with a pizza , or you cant accept the pizza because there is no-one at the door ... (still connection failed - cant connect ) -- yes you could just get the pizza out the oven .. but your just not doing that (connect using localhost = 127.0.0.1 or internal IP )

:roll:

• 3 months later...

If you're asking for the answer to this question:

O.k i kinda got same problem, now i read through the posts and most of it was pointless remarks.

Now i just want too know, AM i able too use my internet IP for the server without it defaulting too my local?

Then it depends on which router you have. Some will let you loop back to yourself with your outside IP, whereas some will not and you'll just have to use your internal IP (which is smarter anyway).