I cant launch VC from MTA.

maxn

It says i have a modified client version.

Upon hitting Start Game the client informs you your CLIENT is modifed.

This is an error with the way we temporarily replace some of the games files. When you install take a back up of both weapon.dat and weapon.mta from the /gta?/data/ directory and put them somewhere safe. If you get this error close the client, REPLACE both files and retry.

Ive read this, but i dont understand anything? It says when before installing get the weapons.dat and .mta out and then replace them? Id ont understand anything!

weapon.dat and weapon.mta are files in the /gta/data/ directory. The FAQ says to take a backup (copy and paste them somewhere else, on the desktop or whatever) just after you install. Then if you get this error, you can copy back the original files and it should work again.

However for us to help you more, please take note of the following:

When you post a help request in this section, try to give us as much information about your problem as you can. This includes the following:

• detailed information about the error
    a description of what is visually shown on screen
    any error noises you may hear
    maybe a screenshot if possible
    your system specs
    which version of the game and executable you are running
    your location

Providing the above will help us out to sort your problem rather than just saying "MTA doesn't work".

weapon.dat and weapon.mta are files in the /gta/data/ directory. The FAQ says to take a backup (copy and paste them somewhere else, on the desktop or whatever) just after you install. Then if you get this error, you can copy back the original files and it should work again.

should i backup the files after i install gta or after i install the mta?

Ahhhhh great!!!!!

Now im getting another error which doesnt allow me to try the error with the client..

It says Connection time out =/////////

I know it isnt the correct topic to ask this but can anyone help anyhow?

If you're behind a proxy server or a NAT (like on a University network or resnet) you won't be able to connect to any servers because these networks usually block traffic on ALL ports except for ports 80, 443 and 8080.

But i hosted a server and a friend of mine was playing in but i had a problem with the client..

And now that i think i've fixed the client i cannot make a server lol...

:roll::roll::roll: