Yay! Trains!! But what about the one-way track in LV?

Hi

I know that the MTA team have made train support in the DM mod (congrats) but what about one-way track part in LV? How will 2 trains go through?

gallery200gw.th.jpg

thats where all the fun begins!

"thats where all the fun begins!"-MEGA GAME CRASH!

I wonder what happens when 2 trains hit each other?

Heh, another reason to wait.

Simple... In SP I went too fast and the train flew off track

Same thing happens in MTA, I suppose

And trains DO blow up! Only when they slide and flew off track, then they blow "BOOM" lol :lol:

seriously it happened to me in single player

i think the trains are pretty loose coded to the tracks, of course they follow a certain path but as soon as theyre being influenced by a certain velocity/collision its just going to derail so my guess is if 2 trains would meet at that place they just both derail.. id be very suprised if you could manage to crash the game in such a fashion

maybe we get to try that certain spot in a beta sometime :P

well im sure whatever happens is gonna look glitchy... bounce off each other, derail, and/or explode most likely.

For this reason perhaps the team wont even allow more than 1 train per track to avoid collision.

well im sure whatever happens is gonna look glitchy... bounce off each other, derail, and/or explode most likely.

For this reason perhaps the team wont even allow more than 1 train per track to avoid collision.

I think you are right cuz i remember trains in rumble when trains was on the same road they just get trought each other!Game don't suport enethink like that!

trains can collide with cars, so why won't trains be able to collide with trains?

hmm I'm curious what should happen if 2 trains drive next to each other towards the choke point at the same time

will they push each other out of the rails? hmm well this would be veary fun to test it out.

trains can collide with cars, so why won't trains be able to collide with trains?

will they push each other out of the rails? hmm well this would be veary fun to test it out.

That's the first thing I thought when I made this topic.

I think it will crash or just mix in with each other.

:?::?::?:

Well, trains are coded in a special way, now since 2 trains, in the code they didnt add 2 trains ramming into each other as a trigger, because the A.I is programmed to stop for you there, this im guessing will cause a crash unless mta code a function to derail the trains, or maybe make a collision script so that if it sees the stream loading another train at that particular point, one train will come to a halt to let the other past, only other solution is the players common sense :S

I'd imagine itll crash.... think of it this way, if you edit the lc map for sa.. and try to implent the trains, when the trains appear, trains havent had AI programmed to stop at ur custom area, they crash, and because of that the game crashes, hard to explain but believe me i know :P

Just because there isn't code for a specific event, it doesn't mean there aren't any checks to keep it stable, afaik there's not collision for train on train, so they'll probably just go through eachother.