Starting My Own Server !!!!!

RedCross

:( Eh i got help from a mate and he told me to run MTAServer.exe and i did i configured all the max players admin pass and stuff..

then when he told me to join i joined and it said Disconnected : Connection Timed Out.

Ok now he told me to turn off firewall.But it was already off... So wats the problem??? and also it dosnt show the server on list just says Unscanned AU country wich i no its mine...

IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HELP!!

YES!!! :D:D:D its works but now a few questions...

1. How Do I Type In my Password For Admin In Server

2. How Do I Turn On Scripts Such As.... !bank , !cash Because

when i type !commands nothing comes up as it would in another server.

3.When you go in mta folder and go in Server Admin Folder I Double Click Remote Admin And Connect as Admin But Then It Closes My MTAServer.exe and my server stops how come.????

It Would Be Wonderful To Answer All Of Then :D

Just list em like :wink:

1.[answer]

2.[........

Thanks , RedCross

1. You cannot type in your password to admin in the server, that password is ONLY for using the admin tool, outside of the game.

2. You cannot just "turn on" scripts because they are not an internal part of the game. For scripts to run you need a seperate program called MTAmA. You can find this here: http://home.deds.nl/~aeron/

After you've got that loaded, THEN you can load scripts into it for your server.

3. There's no reason why connecting with remote admin should kill mtaserver.exe, you aren't clicking on the "shutdown" button are you? :D

There IS nothing else, unless you'd like to make your own, which I'm sure is far more complicated. Obviously you haven't fully read the manual, since it is very simple to set up and you haven't managed to do it.

look i dont get how to start the script when i type //load and so on it says

/load: insufficient parameters ?

and when i type this... //load -rs $+(",$$sfile(*.mrc

it says.... Invalid format: $+

whats that??!! i mean a little help here pls ... i want these scripts

help... :?:?:?

and if i try type it in like this..... load -rs $+(",$$sfile(*.mrc without the //

it says..... you are not on a channel?

help me pls cos i really want these scripts on..

AND!!::::

When i want my friend to join he kept getting timed out well i raed ur guide and i t said to add i port so i went control panell internet options windows fire wall and clicked add port and added port 2003 and he tried to connect and still didnt work

With the script, just hit CTRL+R twice in mIRC and it should bring up the script editor on the Remote window, then just go File->Load and load mta.mrc there. As for your connection timeouts, you'll need to add the ports on your router as well.

I tried loading it again from the scripts editor

then this then the MTAmA tool came up i loaded some more scripts into it with the admin. when i clicked in the admin tool ' General ' Scripts , Load and loaded mta.mrc it said it was already loaded was it>?? now wat do i do ?? they dont seem to work where do i view the commands>??...

! want like when u type !cash shows ur cash when u type !bank+ - it can add to bank or take away and !sell and all that shit lol

yes thats the one ok but i typed some commands eg !place !sell.

and they didnt work... hers wat i did

Downlaoded Those Scripts. Then I Extracted Them Into C:/Program Files / mIRC / mtama.

Then i went into mirc and went on the MTAmA Admin Thingy Connected To My Server For Admin Stuff I Went And Clicked On File , Load and i loaded the rpg.mrc then the box came up saying the commands of their script and stuff. i was :) but when i went into the game i typed !place and nothing happened and i tried more and still nothing... :cry: