Many questions about mta:vc and mta:sa

Guest Vegetaz

Question

First: mta is the best thing ever invented!

I've got a lan party coming up so i need answers to my questions:

1. Is it possible to play lan? [i think yes but i'm not sure]

2. Which versions are best with deathmatch with mt:SA & mta:VC?

3. How many people is able to play at the same time?

4. Does it matter if we all have a cracked game? (u know copied)

5. I don't understand anything about the admin codes and i want to be our admin: do i need 'em?

6. is it REALLY possible to just roam in vice city with like 4 tommy vercettis? (and is it possible to do the missions co-operative?)

7. Are the maps original? (that i can visit malibu club and all...)

8. Are the trainers supported? (it would be fun if we all have unlimited health and all :lol: )

9. I read that all the weapons aren't working in mta:vc , is it so?

Thank you!

21 answers to this question

First: mta is the best thing ever invented!

Agreed!

1. Is it possible to play lan? [i think yes but i'm not sure]

Yep.

2. Which versions are best with deathmatch with mt:SA & mta:VC?

VC(v0.3 imo :P), SA is just racing at the moment.

3. How many people is able to play at the same time?

26 in VC, and 32 in SA.

4. Does it matter if we all have a cracked game? (u know copied)

None of the MTA versions check for a legitimate exe, so it depends on the method it was cracked with.

5. I don't understand anything about the admin codes and i want to be our admin: do i need 'em?

You don't need any admin, but its nice to have, easiest option is to use the 'Remote Admin' that comes with the installer.. If you're familiar with mirc scripts atal, you can use mta:ma HERE

6. is it REALLY possible to just roam in vice city with like 4 tommy vercettis? (and is it possible to do the missions co-operative?)

Missions are disabled, aswell as pedestrians and traffic, you can roam around vice city with 4 players though.

7. Are the maps original? (that i can visit malibu club and all...)

They could only load so many interiors, most you can enter, malibu club, bank, mansion, etc.

8. Are the trainers supported? (it would be fun if we all have unlimited health and all :lol: )

No, there's even an anti-cheat built in to stop cheating, if you're smart enough you could easily get one working though.

9. I read that all the weapons aren't working in mta:vc , is it so?

First-person aiming weapons, like the sniper-rifle and rocket-launcher don't work and aren't available, i think all the rest do and are, except the minigun.

I find trying things myself alot more fun, than asking on a forum.. so try that :wink:

lol i haven't got the game yet :twisted: ... thanks for the information :) ..

And there isn't deathmatch in SA ?

and pedestrians disabled? what's the fun if there is no cops or anything? who could we kill?

where the hell can we get vehicles if there is no peds? :lol:

what means v0.3 IMO? isn't the latest the best?

There are vehicles parked all around VC.

The current version is 0.5, but i, and i think most people who have played 0.3, prefer it.

You'd have to play both for a while to understand.. many reasons.

About the vehicles you mentioned, Vegetaz.

Just about every vehicle which you play in single player is available to use online also, however some are left out for the time being.

Boats for example arent available to use at the current time either. The RC vehicles are available for the Stuntmode but the airplanes arent and so isnt the mini helicoptor cannot be played.

The Rhino cannot be played with either at this current time.

That's like an old person saying they prefer classical music :wink:

If you came in on vc you'd like that better :P

actually, it probably has to do with the fact that gta3 was much further developed than vc. gta3 has mini missions, a better spawn system, less glitches, etc.

gta3 rules!

What about tuning cars of san andreas?

WHY aren't there pedestrians? It would be to create chaos and kill ppl as multiplayer, like in ps2 version!

Pedestrians like in single player would be impossible, since each one would have to be synchronized by the server and would take up as much bandwidth as a regular player. So it wouldn't be practical to have more than a handful of them. It would also add months to development time, so they will look into it for another release.

What about tuning cars of san andreas?

WHY aren't there pedestrians? It would be to create chaos and kill ppl as multiplayer, like in ps2 version!

Tuning cars in San Andreas is possible in SA-MP, but not yet in MTA.

There aren't pedestrians because it would waste loads of bandwidth and that would be bad (like erorr said) and it would be useless to create peds because they are of no use.

NO USE!??!?!?! :o

The greatest things of gta come out killing peds and robbing shops!"!!""

They can be fun to slaughter, however its just as more fun slaughtering another character being controlled by a real life human, and always seeing what they type back in the chat box after you've killed them. ;p

well maybe u are right, after all i haven't even played it yet :wink:

but then we don't play this so much on our lan[there will be like 4ppl max!]

maybe it it'll be better online on servers. what are the requirements for my netspeed for a decent play?(

cheers for the team to make the mta even better, and maybe someday get civilians that doesn't take bandwith at all! :wink::wink: