Creating api, no response from Mta::getInput();

roDaN

Hi community, recently i started a project and i'm trying to create an api for login.

I have spent so much time (also a lot of research and examples), i modified the scripts many times but i can't really figure out what's wrong.

Here is the lua:

function login.connectAPI(username, password, player)
	if not isElement(player) then
		return
	end
	local username, password = tostring(username), tostring(password)
	print("login.connectAPI: "..tostring(login.usedAccounts[username]))
	if login.isPlayerLoggedIn[player] then
		return triggerClientEvent(player, "notification:create", player, "Log in", "You are already logged in.")
	elseif login.activeAttempts[player] then
		return triggerClientEvent(player, "notification:create", player, "Log in", "Please wait some time before trying to logging again.")
	end
	if type(username) ~= "string" then
		return triggerClientEvent(player, "notification:create", player, "Log in", "Please enter your username.")
	end
	if #username <= 2 then
		return triggerClientEvent(player, "notification:create", player, "Log in", "Your username is too short.")
	end
	if login.usedAccounts[username] then
		return triggerClientEvent(player, "notification:create", player, "Log in", "This account is already being used.")
	end
	if type(password) ~= "string" then
		return triggerClientEvent(player, "notification:create", player, "Log in", "Please enter your password.")
	end
	if #password <= 2 then
		return triggerClientEvent(player, "notification:create", player, "Log in", "Your password is too short.")
	end
	--local queueName = username, password
	local POST = toJSON({username = username, password = password})
    fetchRemote("api link", "", 1, 10000, login.APICallBack, POST, false, player, password)
	login.activeAttempts[player] = true
end

function login.APICallBack(responseData, errorNo, player, password)
	if errorNo == 0 then
		local response = fromJSON(responseData)
		if type(response) ~= "table" then
			--return outputDebugString("Failed to convert JSON", 1)
			outputDebugString(fromJSON(POST))
			outputDebugString(tostring(responseData)
		end
		if response.error == 0 then -- Login success
			response.password = password
			local assign = login.assingUserdata(player, response)
			if assign then
				triggerClientEvent(player, "notification:create", player, "Log in", "Successfully logged in as "..response.username)
			else
				triggerClientEvent(player, "notification:create", player, "Log in", "Failed to login as "..response.username)
			end
		else
			if response.message == 1 then -- Account is not found
				triggerClientEvent(player, "notification:create", player, "Log in", "An account with this name is not found")
			elseif response.message == 2 then -- Wrong password
				triggerClientEvent("notification:create", player, "Log in", "Wrong password")
			else
				outputDebugString("Unknown error while logging in player "..getPlayerName(player))
				triggerClientEvent(player, "notification:create", player, "Log in", "Failed to login")
			end
		end
	else
		outputDebugString("Failed to log player "..getPlayerName(player).." in, error no: "..errorNo, 0)
	end
	if login.activeAttempts[player] then
		login.activeAttempts[player] = nil
	end
end

And here the php:

function getUserData(){ 
			$input = Mta::getInput();
            //$username = $input[0]['username'];
            //$password = $input[0]['password'];

$array = json_decode($input, true);
			if (isset($array['username']) && $array['password']){
				//$arr = json_decode($plm, TRUE);
				global $connection;
				//echo $arr;

/* Sql Check */
				$stmt = $connection->pdo->prepare("SELECT * FROM accounts WHERE username = :username and password = :password");
				//$pass = sha1(hashKey . $password);

$stmt->bindParam(":username", $array['username']);
				$stmt->bindParam(":password", $array['password']);

$stmt->execute();
				$result = $stmt->rowCount();
				$account_data = $stmt->fetch(PDO::FETCH_ASSOC);

/* Condition */
				if ($result > 0) {
					//if ($arr["success"]) { # Successful Login
					  //$er0 = array('error' => 0); /* SUCCESS */
                      //$err0 = json_encode('error' => 0);
					  //$er0 = '{"error":"0"}';
					  $er0 = array('error' => 0);
                      //echo json_encode($arr);
                      //$err0 = json_decode($er0, true);
					  Mta::doReturn($er0);

//$responseData = array('username' => $account_data['username'], 'password' => $account_data['password']);
					  //$resultt = json_encode($account_data);
					  //echo $resultt;
					  Mta::doReturn($account_data);
					  //echo $responseData;
					  //$table = mta::getInput(); 
					  //$text = $table[0]; 
                      //$text = $table[1]; 
                      //echo $text;

//}
				}else{
					  $er1 = array('error' => 1); /* INCORRECT DATA */
                      $err1 = json_encode($er1);
					  Mta::doReturn($err1);
				}
			}
}

Edited by roDaN

Hello roDaN,

could you please explain your scripts a little bit more? You seem to be using a combination of MTA Lua scripting and web service technology (PHP, HTTP). This looks really complicated and I would like to know what software you are using, where you got the guidance from on how to create your script, whether the PHP portion does use any renowned libraries and whether you have gotten any response on the PHP side at all by now.

16 minutes ago, The_GTA said:

Hello roDaN,

could you please explain your scripts a little bit more? You seem to be using a combination of MTA Lua scripting and web service technology (PHP, HTTP). This looks really complicated and I would like to know what software you are using, where you got the guidance from on how to create your script, whether the PHP portion does use any renowned libraries and whether you have gotten any response on the PHP side at all by now.

Hi, thanks for your response.

I've got the lua scripts from github, but the creator didn't shared the api part. (i already edited the lua scripts to work without the api but they are too complex and seems like doing the api will be the way to go)

If i set a json string manually on php the mta server gets that response, but i need to create a condition in php to give back the user his data and there is where the problem comes in as i can't succeed into getting a response from mta server to php.

5 minutes ago, roDaN said:

I've got the lua scripts from github, but the creator didn't shared the api part.

I would still appreciate if you at least gave us the author's name or the link to where you got the code from. This would be helpful if other users also encounter similar issues.

4 hours ago, roDaN said:
outputDebugString(tostring(responseData)

There is a syntax error in this line.

11 minutes ago, roDaN said:

but i need to create a condition in php to

I hope you understand that it is difficult for the outside user to understand your system. You are sharing a small fraction of an apparently fully integrated system. What we are expecting from you is a precise description of what already works. Share the messages you are already receiving, the debug output you see, an example scenario that does work, an example scenario that does not work.

So finally the problem is this errors on the php side which is resulting to a nil response recived by the mta server.

[php7:notice] [pid 198719] [client 194.163.138.97:38658] PHP Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /var/www/html/functions.php on line 19
[php7:notice] [pid 198719] [client 194.163.138.97:38658] PHP Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /var/www/html/functions.php on line 20

The lines are the second and third from the code:

$input = mta::getInput();
$username = $input[0];
$password = $input[1];

Is there any way to check if the connection between mta server and php server is made ? I can see in my access.log that mta server is making the request.

Also the access.log:

ip - - [25/Jan/2022:02:22:58 +0100] "POST login_check.php HTTP/1.1" 301 486 "-" "MTA:SA Server port 22004 - See https://mtasa.com/agent/"
ip - - [25/Jan/2022:02:22:58 +0100] "GET login_check.php HTTP/1.1" 200 4872 "-" "MTA:SA Server port 22004 - See https://mtasa.com/agent/"

Edited by roDaN
more details

I was not aware that MTA had an official PHP SDK, but go figure.

multitheftauto/mtasa-php-sdk: The official PHP SDK for the Multi Theft Auto Web Interface. (github.com)

Sorry for not being able to support you in the way you wanted to, but you cannot expect volunteers like us to do this professionally especially with secrecy involved.

I am glad that you figured it out yourself. 

Edited by The_GTA