Some Questions

Sorry if any of these have already been asked.

1) Will drivers always drive-by like this? http://potd.mtavc.com/public/f8adeda116 ... 8a5b46.png

(If so, really good idea)

2) Can passengers drive-by? If not, will it be added later?

3) Can you (or passengers) be shot whilst inside the car?

4) Are cars fully synced when no one is in them? (I.E. I physically walk into a car to push it off a cliff, will everyone see it move the same?)

5) (If 1 or 2) Can drive-bys be done with weapons other than SMG's? If not, will it be added later?

6) (If 1 or 2) Is the sync for firing at someone any different than what we've seen on foot?

I know I forgot a question or two, but if it comes back to me I'll edit my post.

Sorry if any of these have already been asked.

1) Will drivers always drive-by like this? http://potd.mtavc.com/public/f8adeda116 ... 8a5b46.png

(If so, really good idea)

Yes

2) Can passengers drive-by? If not, will it be added later?

Yes

Not at the moment, that may change.

4) Are cars fully synced when no one is in them? (I.E. I physically walk into a car to push it off a cliff, will everyone see it move the same?)

Yes

5) (If 1 or 2) Can drive-bys be done with weapons other than SMG's? If not, will it be added later?

No, we've disabled that. SMG is powerful enough as it is.

6) (If 1 or 2) Is the sync for firing at someone any different than what we've seen on foot?

Well, the sync will be worse for passengers as their latency is affected by their driver's. Can't be sure what the final result will be though.

I know I forgot a question or two, but if it comes back to me I'll edit my post.

I'll just add my 2 questions.

Can cars be damaged while no one is in them (and will that be synced)?

Will there be weather effects?

Lmao..

When will the first version release ? (Good but hatefull question.. =) )

You know that's not going to get answered...

number 1 kills the teamplay imo, now everyone could driveby (like the sp CHEAT) so there's less need of 1 driver and the gunners, and besides that it looks really weird.

so wouldn't get that a bit too powerfull? you can't get hit while inside a car, but you can shoot while being driver... like your own shield, and when the car is about to blow up, you run away or just get a new one.

so 1 in combination with 3 will get a little to powerfull and maybe it will be good do enable/disable driver gunner serverside since it allso wasn't done like this in single player.

number 1 kills the teamplay imo, now everyone could driveby (like the sp CHEAT) so there's less need of 1 driver and the gunners, and besides that it looks really weird.

so wouldn't get that a bit too powerfull? you can't get hit while inside a car, but you can shoot while being driver... like your own shield, and when the car is about to blow up, you run away or just get a new one.

so 1 in combination with 3 will get a little to powerfull and maybe it will be good do enable/disable driver gunner serverside since it allso wasn't done like this in single player.

Your kidding right? If normal drive-bys are enabled, (meaning just left and right aiming for the driver) that would be the most overpowered thing in the game. The smg's rate of fire multiplies by like 10 when firing with the normal drive-by mode, but not with aiming drive-by mode. That's why it's good that the driver can aim. If you think the aiming (cheat) would be bad...

As for the drive-byers having a 'shield', well cars don't take much to kill, and if the car has 3 or 4 people in it, then it's 3 or 4 against 1 anyway, so your just gonna have to run. And if the in-car damage is added later, then it'll be even better.

Besides, we haven't actually tried it ourselves yet. It might be completely different than we think. Just wait and see.

Lmao..

When will the first version release ? (Good but hatefull question.. =) )

You know that's not going to get answered...

Aww... How poor.. Anyways, you don't have to either... ;)

Your kidding right? If normal drive-bys are enabled, (meaning just left and right aiming for the driver) that would be the most overpowered thing in the game. The smg's rate of fire multiplies by like 10 when firing with the normal drive-by mode, but not with aiming drive-by mode. That's why it's good that the driver can aim. If you think the aiming (cheat) would be bad...

As for the drive-byers having a 'shield', well cars don't take much to kill, and if the car has 3 or 4 people in it, then it's 3 or 4 against 1 anyway, so your just gonna have to run. And if the in-car damage is added later, then it'll be even better.

Besides, we haven't actually tried it ourselves yet. It might be completely different than we think. Just wait and see.

I entirely agree, particularly with the drive by part. The SP drivebys come equiped with increased rate of fire, plus auto aim and its piss easy to kill people with...not good for multiplayer

Cars can be damaged while no one is in them, yes. And all weather effects are available just like MTA: Race.

I entirely agree, particularly with the drive by part. The SP drivebys come equiped with increased rate of fire, plus auto aim and its piss easy to kill people with...not good for multiplayer

I'm so glad that you guys actually know what you're doing. Unlike one other particular team which will remain nameless.

Have you decided to implement shooting gas tanks and tires?

If you would read the blog...

Yesterday I synced the vehicle damage model for vehicles. This includes doors, panels, lights and tyres. It basically means that a damaged vehicle will look the same for all players in the server, even if you leave a vehicle somewhere in the server, disconnect and join two hours later (assuming no vehicle respawn set). This of course includes popped tires and broken tail-lights.

Not too sure what tyres are lawl.

• 3 weeks later...
Players can only spawn on foot. Why would you want to spawn them in a vehicle?

i asked once if it would theoretically be possible to load mta-race maps

so despite getting a yes as answer at the time .. thats going to be a no ?

Players can only spawn on foot. Why would you want to spawn them in a vehicle?

i asked once if it would theoretically be possible to load mta-race maps

so despite getting a yes as answer at the time .. thats going to be a no ?

You should be able to use certain elements of old race maps in DM after converting them to the new format (provided someone makes a converter), but you can't play the map exactly as you would in race. If the vehicle spawnpoints are converted to player spawnpoints, you will spawn there on foot. If they are converted to vehicle spawnpoints, an empty vehicle will spawn there. The only real use I see for the converter for the objects.