Little freezez, time-to-time.

Guest Player.

I'd like to start out by thanking the people who made Multi Theft Auto possible, you guys rule!

Having said that, I must, unfortunately, report a problem. I do not know whether it is the game's fault, or my PC's.

Every now and then, in the game, I get these split second freezes. Now, that wouldn't be a problem, since I am used to the performance of my crappy computer, however, the problem is, whenever these split second freezes occur, I, my car, actually FREEZES in-game and right after I un-freeze, everyone but me, is a distance farther away. Its like time freezes for me but for the rest it keeps on going.

Whilst I am used to the low framerates I get during my play-time, these little freezes affect my game more.

I have been playing like this for quite some time, so I have pretty much gotten used to them. My freeze problem is not stressful, it is merely an annoyance. I play for fun.

If anyone out there knows what I am talking about and knows a way to stop them (the freezes :P), I would be very greatful.

The problem might, and I am almost 90% percent sure, be from my PC.

Specs are: screen015ni.jpg

If there aren't any solutions, I thank you anyway for taking your time to look over my post.

i got something that sounds similar in GTA3. I installed the mod 'realgta' and because all the cars were so high poly it caused my game to randomly (well, when near lots of cars) freeze for a second or two then continue. this was in single player.

I would assume its just because its putting lots of stress on your computer. you might want to try updating video drivers to improve performance, or turning down some settings

Its almost certainly a PC issue. We do stress the game quite a bit more than standard single-player does. As such, I'd suggest an upgrade... That said, the upcoming MTA:SA will be optimized more, so hopefully it will be less of an issue then.

Its almost certainly a PC issue. We do stress the game quite a bit more than standard single-player does. As such, I'd suggest an upgrade... That said, the upcoming MTA:SA will be optimized more, so hopefully it will be less of an issue then.

Hardware update is not a viable solution for me, moneybag got holes in it if you know what I mean. :P

Well, I guess I will wait for the next version.

Does it include the umm whats it called the mod where you can run around on foot? Is that the next version? :o

Thanks for taking the time to answer. :)

• 4 weeks later...

try turning of any indexers or schedulers you have running in the backgroud

jusched.exe comes with windows and sometimes that can slow your system down, also look for other programs with "sched" "search" or "index" written in there program names

windows and google both have released indexing programs, Googles desktop search and msn Desktop search, although theres nothing wrong with these programs, they just require to update themselves everytime something happens to a file, and that creates overhead, and so on

also turn off swap space, you do not need swap space with 1.5gb of ram, swap space will cause memory addressing to take longer and this will slow the performance of your pc, to turn off swap space right click on my computer and select properties, in advanced click on settings in performance

you will get a screen saying performance options, click in the advanced tab and where it says virtual memory click Change (unless virtual memory is 0)

on each harddrive in your computer, select "No paging file" and click set on each drive

this will stop virtual memory from creating overhead

also your desktop background may also slow down your computer performance