Excessive Random Game Crashes

I've been playing San Andreas Since it's release and I have the most current version.

Just about every minute,

The game just freezes and I can do nothing about it.

All my other applications continue to run in the background but Windows doesn't recognize the application crashed so therefore I'm forced to restart my machine with the on/off button.

(Any combination of Alt, Tab, Enter, F4, Ctrl, and delete render nothing)

I think this might have something to do with the new version of Catalyst I recently installed.

Any Ideas?

i think its mainly a graphic issue that makes it crash. the game crashes right? and when you try and exit you cant? this happens with older versions of ATi cards. (mainly 9500 and x300 below.) other than that, i dont know what the problem is, just had a friend with the same problem.

I've been playing San Andreas Since it's release and I have the most current version.

Now if I'm correct your playing MTA when this happens? And above I don't get what your saying, you have the most current version but have been playing it from release? Well I know that the SA Version 2.0 isn't supported by MTA. You will need to get the downgrade patch. It's somewhere on these forums. Well if your playing MTA when that happened, I hope this works..

i think ive got the same problem like scruffy,but with a little difference.my game dont freezes,the whole pc just shuts down.hes making a restart,like it is when the cpu temp. is too high,but its NOT!i installed the downgrader,and everything works fine.but at any time the pc makes a restart...installed new graphics driver too.re-installed mta+gta sa several times now,and dont know what do now...scruffy wrote that he has a radeon 9600 pro graphics card,ive got a 9600 xt,perhaps is that the prob?but the single player works 1A...

if anyone had the same problem and solved it,please let me know :D

I'm running the first unpatched release of San Andreas. (I bought it within a week of release)

I haven't tested to see if this bug happens in single-player

To my knowledge, it only happens when I play MTA.

I have the most recent version of MTA.

Game freezes, the most recent sound played continues.

All my applications running other than San Andreas (i.e. Winamp)

continue to work properly

I can't exit San Andreas when it "crashes"

I have my methods though

It's just annoying because it happens so frequently.

Any help would be appreciated