Map expansion

impress1ve

5 minutes ago, impress1ve said:

In singleplayer i can use adjusters and increase this value

That does not matter. MTA is trying to give you the best, most glitchless and open world at the same time. The complexity of achieving all three of these attributes is not to be taken lightly.

26 minutes ago, The_GTA said:

That does not matter. MTA is trying to give you the best, most glitchless and open world at the same time. The complexity of achieving all three of these attributes is not to be taken lightly.

But what about dimensions? Can I use them for loading different parts of map. One dimension = one part, am I right?

12 minutes ago, impress1ve said:

But what about dimensions? Can I use them for loading different parts of map. One dimension = one part, am I right?

You can create the illusion of a bigger map by dynamically loading in-and-out the map. For example, in SP you have got the mission where CJ flies to Liberty City. By moving far away from the map, so much that the frustum cannot see it anymore due to the far-clip setting, you can load out the map and replace it. The dimensions feature was meant to allow multiple MTA maps placed on the same foundation of GTA:SA map. Thus the dimensions feature alone is not sufficient. Take a look at the following MTA scripting details:

There is a really good MTA model library resource created by @FernandoMTAwhich can help you with dynamic model management.

You could wait until MTA has worked out their own version of a GTA Trilogy based multiplayer mod. Since the GTA San Andreas Trilogy game is 64bits it can support a lot more and bigger mods than the old engine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, The_GTA said:

The game engine is fixed to a 6000x6000 map size.

Objects can be mapped up to 8000x8000 just fine, but as far as I'm aware there are technical limitations outside of the fixed size mentioned above.

In a closed project we're mapping at the boundaries of 8000/8000, with custom models using engineReplaceModel to pick out objects that are mapped at the opposite side of the map, that way we can replace the objects for players who are far away to not load the models at their original placement. We might change now that engineRequestModel function has been refined and bugs fixed recently.

In case you need help converting your IPL files to MTA, here's a good converter.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, impress1ve said:

But I tried to load object at (4000;0) from IPL and even .map but it doesn't work. Or i can use only to 3999?

You seem to provide conflicting information. There is no official IPL loader for MTA. Are you saying that you want something to work inside MTA multiplayer that does not work in single player to begin with?

Edited by The_GTA
2 hours ago, The_GTA said:

You seem to provide conflicting information. There is no official IPL loader for MTA. Are you saying that you want something to work inside MTA multiplayer that does not work in single player to begin with?

I load my custom IPLs and in 6Kx6K limits all works perfectly.

Also, loading them on 3900 works good.

Edited by impress1ve