You can now use the Xbox 360 controller for GTA & all games.

ScrewstonPlaya20

Question

Ok if you have a controller that haves a wire then all you have to do is just hook the controller into the back of the PC. The back is best because it supplies more power fore the controller. I tried to do this with the wireless version since I have the charger that is basicaly just like the wired version but it didnt seem to work. I think it was because my controller was detecting the 360 and not the pc. But anyway I think the reason why it didnt work is that I turned on my controller, which turned on my xbox 360. The reason why I am saying this is because when you plug up the wired controller to the pc the light doesnt turn on so maybe that means I never should have started my controller when I connected it to the PC. But anyway if you have the wired controller then just head over to this site http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gamin ... tails.aspx Oh and if you do not have the wired controller then you have to go and buy the wired version specially made for Window's PC from Best Buy. Circuit City, compusa or what ever you store that may have it. One more thing, if you have the wireless version then just go ahead and download the software from the site and then just plug up the controller only if you have the plug in charger and then make sure you do not turn on the controller because I know for a fact that it will not work. Well anyway have fun. : )

9 answers to this question

Ok if you have a controller that haves a wire then all you have to do is just hook the controller into the back of the PC. The back is best because it supplies more power fore the controller. I tried to do this with the wireless version since I have the charger that is basicaly just like the wired version but it didnt seem to work. I think it was because my controller was detecting the 360 and not the pc. But anyway I think the reason why it didnt work is that I turned on my controller, which turned on my xbox 360. The reason why I am saying this is because when you plug up the wired controller to the pc the light doesnt turn on so maybe that means I never should have started my controller when I connected it to the PC. But anyway if you have the wired controller then just head over to this site http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gamin ... tails.aspx Oh and if you do not have the wired controller then you have to go and buy the wired version specially made for Window's PC from Best Buy. Circuit City, compusa or what ever you store that may have it. One more thing, if you have the wireless version then just go ahead and download the software from the site and then just plug up the controller only if you have the plug in charger and then make sure you do not turn on the controller because I know for a fact that it will not work. Well anyway have fun. : )

Welcome to last year.

what about ps2?

What do you mean what about PS2? If you are asking if you can use the PS2 controller then my answer to you is yes. But you have to go through a process to do so.

Just buy a Dual Shock 2 Controller for PC.

You can also use the Nintendo DS as a wireless PC joypad :D

OMG!!! Are you serious??? LOL!!!

yep you can, if you know how to run homebrew on your ds :)

it's great for (s)nes, mega drive and gb/gbc/gba emu's :P

yep, i kinda went offtopic there :x