Fullscreen Borderless is broken for me

RustyCuyler

Question

As the title states, Fullscreen Borderless in both window and keep res modes is unusable for me, and I can't seem to figure out what's causing it. I'll list my symptoms below, as well as link a couple Youtube videos showing them in detail:

• Standard Fullscreen works fine, although from time to time, when I alt+tab, I get a bug where the game seems to freeze and my entire Windows desktop other than my taskbar becomes unclickable until I close MTA, so I used to prefer playing in Borderless mode for instant alt+tabbing with no risk of the game freezing up my desktop, but that's no longer possible for me.
  • When I launch MTA in either Borderless mode (at 1920x1080 resolution), the entire screen goes black as normal, but when the GTA:SA splash screen pops in, it's at a lower resolution, seems to be at about 1280x720 or so and crammed up into the top left corner of my screen, then when it gets past the splash screen and into the MTA menu, the entire menu screen gets stretched out far more than it should horizontally, sending about 1/5th of the right side of the MTA window into the right, into my secondary monitor.
  • In the menu, I am unable to move my mouse cursor further right or below the area the GTA:SA splash screen was shown in when I originally launched MTA.

Here's a couple videos I took that show everything I described above, as well as attempts to try anything that might help the issue with no success. My apologies for the poor microphone quality and background noise:

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by RustyCuyler

3 answers to this question

I had tried to edit the post to reflect that I'd resolved the issue but wasn't aware of how long I had before I'd be unable to edit it again, but yeah, after messing around in nVidia and Windows settings, I figured out how to make my MTA Fullscreen Borderless options work properly again. I wish I'd have thought to try this before posting, but I'd never experienced this issue in other games I play that have a Fullscreen Borderless option. I do apologize if this seems like a useless post, but hopefully maybe it'll help someone later on that might run into the same issue. Anyway, here's the solution:

In your Windows Display settings, if you have "Scale and layout" size set to anything other than 100%, it doesn't seem to want to play nicely with MTA's Fullscreen Borderless options. I prefer to have mine set to 125% so my icons and stuff appear larger without having to turn down my resolution, but it takes only a few seconds to change it for MTA. I apologize again if this seems like a pointless post, and I thank you all for your time. Here's a video showing that it was for sure what was causing the issue: