Script issues

digga

Question

Hello. I've been experiencing a problem for a long time. I often play on a very popular server with race mode, thus most of the maps have scripts loaded in them, but the thing is, none of the scripts load for me (i mean the mapping scripts, like netools etc). I've tried reinstalling both MTA and GTA:SA and nothing seems to help out. Hoping to see any advice!

7 answers to this question

On 16/10/2021 at 20:46, Sarrum said:

?. Maybe it is a server problem. Have you tried contacting the admins of the server? There may be useful info in the server log.

Not sure about that it's on the server's side. I've contacted the admins and they've said that my only way to fix this is to reach out to MTA devs

I know that it is a bad move to voice-out about bugs without evidence, but a similar-sounding spurious issue has occured to me on a LAN server with low ping where we played with three people but one person had the race gamemode fail to load. The result was that the person spawned outside of the car but still had GTA SA vehicle radio play on-foot. I wonder if this is due to the fact that UDP is a terrible networking protocol for a reliable game experience or that there are hidden game-up-to-date issues.

• Scripting Moderators
14 hours ago, digga said:

Not sure about that it's on the server's side. I've contacted the admins and they've said that my only way to fix this is to reach out to MTA devs

Well then, let's gather some information that might be useful. But it is better to do this after you encounter a problem on the server.
1) Download and run MTADiag and follow the instructions. When completed you will be given a pastebin link, post it here.
2) Go to your MTA San Andreas folder, find the MTA/logs/clientscript.log file, upload it to https://upload.mtasa.com/ and share the link here.

On 19/10/2021 at 14:04, Sarrum said:

Well then, let's gather some information that might be useful. But it is better to do this after you encounter a problem on the server.
1) Download and run MTADiag and follow the instructions. When completed you will be given a pastebin link, post it here.
2) Go to your MTA San Andreas folder, find the MTA/logs/clientscript.log file, upload it to https://upload.mtasa.com/ and share the link here.

1) https://pastebin.mtasa.com/999998379
2) https://upload.mtasa.com/u/871935039/clientscript.log_

• Scripting Moderators

The logs contain the following lines:

External HTTP file download error:[6] Error downloading requested files. Couldn't resolve host name. [getaddrinfo() thread failed to start] [ffs_tuning/images/stickers/mreow.png] (Disabling External HTTP) [ffs_tuning\images\stickers\mreow.png]54.37.245.209:22003
External HTTP file download error:[6] Error downloading requested files. Couldn't resolve host name. [getaddrinfo() thread failed to start] [images/stickers/nissanskyliner34gtr.png] (Disabling External HTTP) [ffs_tuning\images\stickers\jackolantern.png]54.37.245.209:22003
External HTTP file download error:[6] Error downloading requested files. Couldn't resolve host name. [getaddrinfo() thread failed to start] [images/stickers/nissanskyliner34gtr.png] (Disabling External HTTP) [ffs_tuning\images\stickers\nissanskyliner34gtr.png]54.37.245.209:22003

&

INFO: script.lua download failed: 6
INFO: mod.lua download failed: 6
INFO: music2.mp3 download failed: 6
INFO: music.lua download failed: 6

Error code 6 means: Couldn't resolve host. The given remote host was not resolved. And this error is identical to the HTTP errors above.
For some reason it is not possible to establish an HTTPS connection (as I understand it, they use HTTPS for download server). This prevents downloading scripts, maps and other files.
Perhaps, you have some program, which intercepts the connection. It's worth trying to get rid of unnecessary programs and try again by going to the server.

On 21/10/2021 at 00:20, Sarrum said:

The logs contain the following lines:

External HTTP file download error:[6] Error downloading requested files. Couldn't resolve host name. [getaddrinfo() thread failed to start] [ffs_tuning/images/stickers/mreow.png] (Disabling External HTTP) [ffs_tuning\images\stickers\mreow.png]54.37.245.209:22003
External HTTP file download error:[6] Error downloading requested files. Couldn't resolve host name. [getaddrinfo() thread failed to start] [images/stickers/nissanskyliner34gtr.png] (Disabling External HTTP) [ffs_tuning\images\stickers\jackolantern.png]54.37.245.209:22003
External HTTP file download error:[6] Error downloading requested files. Couldn't resolve host name. [getaddrinfo() thread failed to start] [images/stickers/nissanskyliner34gtr.png] (Disabling External HTTP) [ffs_tuning\images\stickers\nissanskyliner34gtr.png]54.37.245.209:22003

&

INFO: script.lua download failed: 6
INFO: mod.lua download failed: 6
INFO: music2.mp3 download failed: 6
INFO: music.lua download failed: 6

Error code 6 means: Couldn't resolve host. The given remote host was not resolved. And this error is identical to the HTTP errors above.
For some reason it is not possible to establish an HTTPS connection (as I understand it, they use HTTPS for download server). This prevents downloading scripts, maps and other files.
Perhaps, you have some program, which intercepts the connection. It's worth trying to get rid of unnecessary programs and try again by going to the server.

I've tried turning off the antivirus and it looks like that it solved the problem. However, I'm really thankful for your help