Point Blank Exploit

So I was just watching the new DM video, and I happened to notice a point where someone got killed from the point blank 'exploit'. Basicly what this does is make you die in 2 shots (50hp each shot) from any gun. You can see it occur around 2:03 in the video. It took me a while to figure out what it was that made you die this fast sometimes, but I eventually figured it out. Now while some people may think it's a cool feature, it is a bit overpowered for any guns you can run and fire with. Especially since they have such a high rate of fire. Are you guys planning on making any changes to this if at all possible?

Edited by Guest

It's too easily done with tec9s and mac10s or even colt 45s though.

I've noticed during play that you can inflict a huge amount of damage when standing close and shooting them in the face. I think that's cool though. What do you guys think?

...Who said anything about shooting them in the face?

Edited by Guest

I've noticed this too.

It's just another annoying addition to San Andreas, so there's no way to remove it.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the weapon stats (as every weapon has hitman status automatically), but if it does, then there's your solution.

This is what makes the Tec9 or Micro SMG the most powerful weapons in the game. =\

I don't have any problem with it. You should never let an enemy get that close to you, and if they do you deserve it. :P

That's so not true. You'll never have to stop moving with tec9s or mac10s and you both sprint the same speed. The only difference is you can't move with more than half the weapons. But then again, the sync looks a lot better in MTA. If you can actually hit someone properly while they sprint, maybe it won't be too big of a problem. We'll have to wait and see though.

This is what makes the Tec9 or Micro SMG the most powerful weapons in the game. =\

The sawd offs pretty bad too. It's just that (for some reason) you can run with these weapons, and they're essentially the strongest as well.

I don't have any problem with it. You should never let an enemy get that close to you, and if they do you deserve it. :P

That's so not true. You'll never have to stop moving with tec9s or mac10s and you both sprint the same speed. The only difference is you can't move with more than half the weapons. But then again, the sync looks a lot better in MTA. If you can actually hit someone properly while they sprint, maybe it won't be too big of a problem. We'll have to wait and see though.

Why? If they can shoot on the run, you have even more reason to move and not be an open target. In virtually every game it is a bad idea to stand and shoot in one spot for more than a few seconds. When someone gets close, simply run back a bit and resume fire. Besides, whenever someone comes up to you, you have that same ability to kill them point blank.

Extra damage is just more real.

I mean if you shoot a guy from point black range (In real life) he will get hurt more then if you shoot him from far. 8)

This isn't a realistic game.

Why? If they can shoot on the run, you have even more reason to move and not be an open target. In virtually every game it is a bad idea to stand and shoot in one spot for more than a few seconds. When someone gets close, simply run back a bit and resume fire. Besides, whenever someone comes up to you, you have that same ability to kill them point blank.

Running won't help if they run the exact same speed as you. And the tec9s and mac10s fire much faster than a rifle so they'll kill you before you can kill them. The run and gun weapons are overpowered enough, but this just adds to it.

Running won't help if they run the exact same speed as you. And the tec9s and mac10s fire much faster than a rifle so they'll kill you before you can kill them. The run and gun weapons are overpowered enough, but this just adds to it.

So what is the problem if you have this same ability? Just kill them point blank if they run up to you. And if by rifle you mean the country rifle, that's a horrible weapon for close range and you shouldn't use it like that in the first place.

So what is the problem if you have this same ability? Just kill them point blank if they run up to you. And if by rifle you mean the country rifle, that's a horrible weapon for close range and you shouldn't use it like that in the first place.

Ri-fle (n) - A firearm with a rifled bore, designed to be fired from the shoulder.

And like I said, tec9s and mac10s have the highest rate of fire than anything - even when they aren't dual.

(as every weapon has hitman status automatically),

So mac10 and weapons like that will allways be dual?

Mac10, tec9, sawd-off, and colt 45's with hitman status will always be dual. And it does make them too powerful. But if you were to bog down the status on smg's, it would make the mp5 shit as well.