GTA Trilogy Remaster - Impact on MTA?

Heard the news yet? Official news has broken out about Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition. Looks like Rockstar Games will begin removing GTA San Andreas classic from the digital stores. You will still be able to play but not purchase new copies anymore. Buy your digital GTA San Andreas copies while you still can!

I did find some random news articles about this:

Grant Theft Auto: The Trilogy announced — GTA 4 snubbed once again | Tom's Guide (tomsguide.com)

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Officially Announced (ign.com)

I like to think that MTA is kept alive by nostalgia so that it won't impact us too much, but who knows?

Edited by The_GTA
  • Administrators

Yep, there's been a barrage of discussions on this in our Discord server with various topics e.g whether MTA should move to the new engine, how will player count look on trilogy release etc - everything is very much vague at this point.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Tut said:

Yep, there's been a barrage of discussions on this in our Discord server with various topics e.g whether MTA should move to the new engine, how will player count look on trilogy release etc - everything is very much vague at this point.

Understandable. I am hoping for a modding API a'la plugin-sdk in the new GTA SA version. In some rumors there was talk of a comparison to high fidelity mods in the community. To not confuse the public I have, cautiously in advance, edited the Wiki page on how to buy GTA SA that the new game version on digital markets will not be compatible with MTA. This might of course change but it is unlikely to happen fast. I sure hope so! As vague as our participation in the upcoming game release is, as vague is also the modding capability of it. Due to the recent crossfire between GTA modding community and R* Games/Take-Two especially. But I am hoping for a more stable and capable engine that would not require those ugly assembly hacks anymore to get the game to multiplayer fruition.

• Like 2