I can't move the camera with the mouse/trackpad

Marcelo5108

Question

Hello folks. I installed GTA-SA and MTA on another laptop 2 months ago and some things happened:

First I installed the game, manually patched it and installed MTA. Everything went fine and I could play normally. However, my mouse partially stopped working at some point as I can't move the camera with it. I can shoot/punch but not move the camera.

I uninstalled the game and bought an original copy from Insta-gaming and claimed it with the code they gave me on Rockstar Social Club. GTA SA worked just fine, I could move the camera, shoot, etc. When I installed MTA and opened it for the first time it patched the original game and the mouse wasn't being recognized anymore, neither in MTA nor in GTASA. The Rockstar launcher would replace the gta_sa.exe patched file with the original one every time it was replaced by MTA making the mouse work again but MTA useless.

I uninstalled GTA-SA and installed it from the same files I used before, however the mouse still wouldn't work with the 1.0 gta_sa.exe and the only way I could make it work was by installing an .asi loader and a mousefix.asi file which made the mouse work fine. However these files didn't solve the problem with MTA. 

I already tried installing dinput8.dll

My PC is a Macbook Pro early 2015 with Windows installed via bootcamp.

1 answer to this question

You may need to check your controls settings, especially this setting (Joypad options), you have to make sure "Standard controls (Mouse + Keyboard)" is selected

image.png.c148b3df846fb88a017cab58c53b1f8f.png

note: .asi plugins or most of the mods in general aren't compatible with MTA:SA, it's better to have a complete fresh (legit) installation to guarantee a proper gameplay.