[News & Blog] MTA:SA - Deathmatch Movie #1 (by IJs)

ijsf

We′ve decided to create a movie that features our current alpha release. By releasing this movie, we can show you the progress we have made over the past weeks and months on our deathmatch version of Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas.

The video is compressed using the XviD MPEG-4 codec and can be downloaded below.

- Download the Low Quality (320x240, 17MB) movie

- Download the High Quality (800x600, 66MB) movie

We hope you enjoy this video. We sure did.

Thanks for all your comments.

Looks good.

Except.. using pixel fonts like that is a bad idea. They're meant to be small..

I do not think it should be considered as a bad idea, at all. For your information, this technique is known as Pixelart.

I suggest you resize your video window to 135x64 if it really disturbs you.

As for the skinning question: yes this has been implemented.. among other things.

well, looks already good! Sorry for asking the annoying question, I know this is alpha stage, but come on, it seems to be already good enough so you guys can have some fun with it, I for one would appreciate to be able to mess around with the alpha, even if it's only an alpha with everything it means. won't you guys release the alpha? I know this ain't exactly OSS, but you should follow the motto tho "release early release often" ;-)

Don't hurt me please..

PS : I think the video lacked something like a player standing on a plane while another player's flying it. I saw that as a POTD or whatever u wanna call it and that was quite impressive, I wanted to see that in action to see how well it's done

Looks good.

I do not think it should be considered as a bad idea, at all. For your information, this technique is known as Pixelart.

Yeah I thought it was a great addition to the theme and the music, especially at the end.

Looks good.

One thing that disturbed me in the video is the black parts. At first I thought that my player had to be lackin the codec because it was all black, so I tried with different players before realizing that I just had to wait further in the video to see image appearing lol i act so dumb sometimes

Theres no intention on pushing out an early, poorer quality release. There has been a schedule of estimations for completion of tasks by certain dates, and this will continue to be the case. SAMP doesnt pose a threat to MTA's release popularity no matter when it comes out. The quality of this video alone will have lots of people waiting and watching for the release (imo).

Edited by Guest

OMFG ijs and the rest of the mta team you guys rock ! love your ideas and the stability is looking really playable because in vice city its really hard for new ppl to play with the skipping but i just love you guys and thanks for working on this mod!

wow, dude! For me this feels like a realy big compensation for all the sync bugs in current beta release. Nice to know now what people can expect for the future. *praise*

Not interested in some serious new alpha-testers? :wink: