Joypad in vehicle - keyb+mouse on foot

Guest Killerxprs

Deathmatch seems to be coming soon, and i can't wait to play it.

though i have one problem.

i play with a game pad.

as you should know, when playing with game-pad you got auto-aim just pressing one button and you got the enemy in your aim.

though, when deathmatch is released, i don't think that's fair!

it would give an unfair advantage to the gamepad dudes like me.

So what i would like, is an option of instead of either "Keyboard+Mouse" or "Joypad", to be able to have "Keyboard + mouse" while on foot, and "Joypad" while in vehicle.

• MTA Team

As far as I've tested in singleplayer, you're still able to use your gamepad to steering, even when there's keyboard+mouse set. In MTASA they both work as well.. just the matter of different aiming on the gamepad when keyb+mouse is set (opposed to the 'gamepad' setting).

FOR ALL GAMEPAD USERS.

I expect in the final release of MTASA DM joystick controls will be disabled. Although this means you can still drive with your controller and shoot with kn & mouse (as JHXP pointed out) it means that on foot will be pretty crap.

Now, if you're mad enough to give up the mouse and keyboard for a controller on foot, there is a solution that could work if you have analog sticks. Get JoytoKey http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/Jo ... ersion.htm which allows your Joystick to emulate Mouse and Keyboard inputs, so you can pretty much minipulate your Joystick however you like. This is a compromise i feel and means you dont get the nasty PS2 style aimbots.

FOR ALL GAMEPAD USERS.

I expect in the final release of MTASA DM joystick controls will be disabled. Although this means you can still drive with your controller and shoot with kn & mouse (as JHXP pointed out) it means that on foot will be pretty crap.

Now, if you're mad enough to give up the mouse and keyboard for a controller on foot, there is a solution that could work if you have analog sticks. Get JoytoKey http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/Jo ... ersion.htm which allows your Joystick to emulate Mouse and Keyboard inputs, so you can pretty much minipulate your Joystick however you like. This is a compromise i feel and means you dont get the nasty PS2 style aimbots.

So are you saying that joypad won't work at all on foot? Why wouldn't they just disable auto-aim, and let people who want to manually aim with a controller deal with its inferiorities to keyboard/mouse?

I use a controller only because for me thats the most fun way to drive the cars. I haven't decided yet if I would rather switch between joypad and kb/mouse, or play with a controller on foot without autoaim. I'm leaning towards the latter, only because I've found that when driving a car, the right analog stick doesn't work correctly when the control scheme is set to keyboard/mouse (can't look up/down).

I don't know what percentage of MTA players use a joypad, but even if its only 1 percent, it seems like the best way to handle this is to make as few changes to the way GTA works as possible while still making it work for multiplayer, which to me means disabling auto-aim, but leaving all other joypad fuctions intact. And even then, it wouldn't hurt to have auto-aim on/off be a variable that can be set by the admin, even if 99 percent of admins leave it off.

:shock: I've never used a Gheypad to play GTA or any other game - its too clumsy for me i need finer control.

I use kb + mouse and have no trouble with any action on foot or in vehicles including the driveby thing.

My secret is my Logitech MX1000 mouse :D

Ten buttons in all man. 10. Outstanding. :mrgreen:

Hi All.

First sorry for my English, I am too bad... lol

I have a big problem:

I am playing with a PlayStation controller connected in the PC, all is right, when I played SA all was good, but now there is a problem: When I press right click the camera goes up, and I can't shoot because all the time goes up... I was seeing if it was a problem with the config, but no... When I unplug the controller all is fine....

Help me.