Action against Cheater!

Hi, I spend some time thinking how to act against cheaters.

You could include an accountsystem what means, every player have to login (ingame) to get on a server. For that you don't even have to setup a whole new registrationsystem, you could use the existing system to login on your forum. If an admin picks out a cheater, he can ban his account.

I know, that doesn't mean a permanent ban from playing mta. The banned player just have to registrate a new account. But for that, he'll need a new email-adress in the first place!

I think that will doin a lot of players prevent from cheating. Just a gross idea, but a first step.

A problem could be, someone taking advantage of that system, ban fairly playing gamer. Against this, the system could only ban the account from the server they cheat on.

What do you think about it?

An age-old problem with no easy and sure solution.

But i agree something needs to be done urgently - the idiots running round using the sorbeit hack at the minute (and largely getting away with it) are killing the game.

The best anti-cheat is a good online admin.

:wink:

North, you can do that with any released version of MTA, sure.. scripting it isn't as neat as having it hardcoded and it'd only be for your own server, but its still possible :P

I think just being given access to the server with a great tool like mirc is plenty, you can do almost anything yourself.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

First post here so be gentle :D

Im an admin in one of the servers and if we have a cheat in and after i ban him he returns i just !freeze him then !mute him.

They eventually get pissed off and leave on their own accord :D

Of course this only happens if they have a dynamic Ip and decide to come back.

:)

Edited by Guest