OWL RP goes Open Source, MTA's Roleplay goes brrr

Simple0x47

Since the leak of the first versions of OWL, clone RP servers were opened to be closed within a week or two. Now that OWL is open source, will these servers last longer, due to the *now legal scripting support here on MTA Forums*, or will they drop at record speeds? Only time will tell...

What are your takes on this?

• Like 1
On 02/08/2021 at 16:22, Simple0x47 said:

Since the leak of the first versions of OWL, clone RP servers were opened to be closed within a week or two. Now that OWL is open source, will these servers last longer, due to the *now legal scripting support here on MTA Forums*, or will they drop at record speeds? Only time will tell...

What are your takes on this?

servers shutting down wasn't because of using a leaked gamemode or an open source, It just depends how you manage your server, and I can confirm that English Playerbase is dropped since like 2018-2019, so most of the owners couldn't keep up, but right now SARP is open since a long time and still hits some numbers.

33 minutes ago, UndR said:

servers shutting down wasn't because of using a leaked gamemode or an open source, It just depends how you manage your server, and I can confirm that English Playerbase is dropped since like 2018-2019, so most of the owners couldn't keep up, but right now SARP is open since a long time and still hits some numbers.

I didn't say servers shutting down are only because of the gamemode they use. The take here was whether or not the open source will help to increase the lifespan of a previously leaked gamemode based server, or decrease it, as low as it may be compared with all the management related decisions and tasks.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...