[HELP] Circle progress bar

Geralt

Hey everyone,

I require some help with my project: I want to make a circle shaped progress bar, so 100% is a full circle, 50% is half circle... My first attempt was dxDrawCircle, but it's very ugly and requires a lot of resources if I'm not wrong. The second attempt was using an image of a circle + dxDrawImageSection. The only problem is that the section is rectangular and this way it can make it ugly at certain values because it just cuts the circle at values like 21%, 41%, etc. It looks good at 25%, 50%, etc. Is there a way to determine the section to draw in a circular (circle sector) shape? So it wouldn't cut the image horizontally and/or vertically. I made a fast representation about this. https://imgur.com/a/e0Cdwjo

Or is there a way to draw a non-pixelated circle? This whole thing would be easy with dxDrawCircle, but the quality ruins it.

Thank you for your time!

• Discord Moderators

A solution is to use render targets and rotating half circles. It might not be less resource intensive than dxDrawCircle though.

I hope the illustration makes sense 

Cirkel.PNG.7b39ea26d69a87147697025d92dd4c9f.PNG

You need 3 rendertargets (RT1, RT2, RT3) which are textures you can draw onto, instead of the screen. Create these once:

local W, H = 100, 100
local RT1 = dxCreateRenderTarget(W, H, true)
local RT2 = dxCreateRenderTarget(W/2, H, true)
local RT3 = dxCreateRenderTarget(W/2, H, true)

The main texture which you will eventually draw to the screen, is RT1. RT2 and RT3 will be drawn onto RT1. Split your circle image into two images of a semicircle. Both images need to be full size so they rotate around the center.

Do the following "onClientRender"

-- Set and clear RT2
dxSetRenderTarget(RT2, true)
local RT2_rot = 0
dxDrawImage(0, 0, W, H, "semicircle_left.png", RT2_rot)

-- Set and clear RT3
dxSetRenderTarget(RT3, true)
local RT3_rot = 0
dxDrawImage(-W/2, 0, W, H, "semicircle_right.png", RT3_rot)

-- Set and clear RT1
dxSetRenderTarget(RT1, true)
-- Draw rotated circles onto RT1
dxDrawImage(0, 0, W/2, H, RT2)
dxDrawImage(W/2, 0, W/2, H, RT3)
-- Draw to screen
dxSetRenderTarget()
dxDrawImage(100, 100, W, H, RT1)

Play around with RT2_rot and RT3_rot to make the loading bar work as you want.

Edited by Zango
  • Thanks 1
  • Discord Moderators
7 hours ago, Geralt said:

I used dxSetBlendMode to fix the quality, and it worked, but if it's rotated... right side is not rotated, left side is and it became ugly again. How can I fix this?
Ne8Bz2t.png

For reference, following the wiki explanation on dxSetBlendMode should fix the quality ("modulate_add" when drawing render target, "add" when drawing to screen)

Between these two, I would pick CrystalMV's solution, using a trianglefan for this is neat.

• Thanks 1